Error e0094 - Intel and AMD graphics Cards

I have a project that I wish to view in 3D however every time I enter the raycloud, I receive this error:

‘Error e0094: It was not possible to initialize OpenGL. Verify that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and that you are not using the software from a remote desktop. Detected QGLFormat::OpenGLVersionFlags: 2048’

Below are my system details.

I have spent over 6 hours looking through troubleshooting and forum communities to try fix this and nothing has prevailed. I have updated all relevant drivers and tried disabling both drivers individually. It would be great if someone could provide me with a step-by-step way to fix this?

Hi Dillon,

Did you check this article?

Yes Julie, however I have managed to solve this issue myself.

For those who need assistance in the future:

I am using a dual monitor system, however I had one monitor plugged into the integrated graphics card and one in my dedicated graphics card. I simply just removed the monitor from my integrated graphics card and it worked!

I am happy you could solve the issue on your side :).
Thank you very much for sharing as I am sure it will be helpful for other users!

Hi, I have trouble with my Video Card I have an EVGA GTX 1070 and got this error:

[Error]: Error e0094: It was not possible to initialize OpenGL. Verify that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and that you are not using the software from a remote desktop. Detected QGLFormat::OpenGLVersionFlags: 2048

I get this error when I process the data in Pix4D Mapper.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Gustavo

Hola Gustavo,

This issue usually occurs when using a remote access or virtual machine or when your graphic card is not updated.
You should have a look on these articles:

Hope this will help,

Best,

Hola Marco,

Desafortunadamente, el error no se ha corregido, pensé que era porque lo estaba usando desde un remoto, pero ahora lo estoy corriendo desde local y me sigue apareciendo el mismo error cuando compilo un trabajo:

[Error]: Error e0094: It was not possible to initialize OpenGL. Verify that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and that you are not using the software from a remote desktop. Detected QGLFormat::OpenGLVersionFlags: 127

Por favor tu gran ayuda para corregir esta falla, la tarjeta de video no es, ya que tiene el ultimo driver instalado y el openGL lo soporta también.

Quedo atento,

Saludos,

Gustavo

Ps. If you need that I write this in English please let me know

Hola Gustavo,

¿Has probado todos los métodos descritos en el artículo?

Según nuestro sistema, puedo ver que todavía tiene Support&Upgrade. Por lo tanto, si no logró resolver su problema al probar la solución del artículo, escríbanos al Contact Support. Haremos todo lo posible para brindarle asistencia. (Puede escribirnos en inglés o en español).
No te preocupes por el español. Si encontramos una solución válida, la publicaré aquí.

Saludos,

Also getting the Error e0094, I am utilizing a HP ProBook 4730s with integrated Intel HD 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 7400M. I followed the article and have made sure to set Pix4dmapper to High Performance, made sure the graphics drivers are up-to-date, OpenGL is installed, and did not see any bios options to disable the integrated card only Switchable. Suggestions?

Hi @espresso0000,

We’re happy to welcome you here on the Community.

Pix4Dmapper is compatible with any GPU that is compatible with OpenGL 3.2 or above. Can you check which one you have?

I have attached some images for more information on my system, fresh install, have even reinstalled drivers & software with no change. Additionally getting a memory error that is incorrect also. One image shows the AMD monitor confirming Pix4dmapper.exe is in high performance mode.
info-2

Additionally getting a memory error, the system has 8Gb of memory installed.
info-4

Cloud you, please send me here the .log file of your project? I would help me analyse the situation.

Thank you in advance!

Attached the log file, what is interesting is according to this it is on the integrated, yet the AMD Monitor reports it being in high performance. Even attempted to disable the integrated display driver, and then it logged Windows Basic Display. Yet the AMD seems functioning as it should with other applications.
pix4d.log (9.9 KB)

Hi!

Thank you for the .log file. It’s a great help to us.

So, first of all, the Pix4Dmapper recognises only your Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. Since its OpenGL version is 1, not 3.2 the error e0094 appears. Moreover, the total RAM you have is indeed 8GB. However, only 1GB is available for the processing. Most likely other background applications/software take the rest. As a solution, you would have to switch the cards in the settings of your computer and check what takes 7GB of RAM.
Regards

Interestingly when I run other applications such as Fusion360, it does report operating on the AMD, so still a bit confused to what is causing the system to not run Pix on the card.

Hi,

It happens even with NVIDIA cards with which Pix4Dmapper is optimised. Learn more in Use of the GPU in Pix4Dmapper. In case this problem occurs, the user should readjust the options and allow the GPU to be used by our software. We have an instruction which explains how to do it but unfortunately only for NVIDIA users.

Best!