Enquiry about the flight plan

Hey community buddies, I am using the DJI mavic pro to capture the urban areas in HK for my final year project. The images look a bit blurry when zooming in when the camera speed is normal, in order to enhance the picture resolution, what is the preferred camera speed? Also, my flying height is 55m, does lower flying height will give better images? Since I want to use these images to produce the 3D mesh and DSM! Thanks guys!!
Or anyone can give comments about the flight plan setting I used? I tried 45,70 and 80 degrees for the camera angle and 80% and 70% for the end lap and sidelap. Here is the image I acquired!

Hello,

We are aware of some issues with the image focus when flying the DJI Mavic Pro. These issues seem to happen randomly as no clear pattern was identified so far. At the moment we recommend to try the procedure below. Developers are looking to find a solution so that it can be fixed in a future release. However, in your case, the image looks good, if you wish you could try the below recommendation and see if that helps to improve your image acquisition.

Recommendations :

1. Setup the focusing action to C1/C2 of the remote controller (prior to the flight, in DJI GO).
  2. Fly the drone to the first waypoint and press C1/C2 to focus using DJI GO.
  3. Quit DJI GO app and Start the mission in Pix4Dcapture.

Lowering the flight height would decrease your GSD (Ground Sampling Distance) but I won’t recommend you to fly lower than 50m because of the height of the building. For the facades to be visible, the images should be taken with an angle between 10º and 35º (0° - the camera is looking down). I would suggest an angle of 20 degrees.

Regards,

Thanks so much, Khanal~~ Does it mean I can combine images which were taken at 70 º and 20 º when constructing the 3D model? Will the camera angle difference too large? I am afraid the software may not be able to find the common point when matching two sets of photos~

Hello,

You can process them together, it shouldn’t be any problem. If you have any issues during optimization, you can also create two different projects for individual angles and then combine them after processing Step 1. For more information on merging the project, I would recommend you to follow the steps explained in the article, How to merge projects.

Regards,