Greetings all. We’ve recently purchased a P4P that we’ll be using to help in the survey department (flying large areas to pickup surface topography). I’m getting ready to fly our first test project and I wanted to get some suggestions on best-practice settings for the flight - things like speed, altitude, etc:
- P4P, iPad mini4, high-speed SD card
- need to collect ~80’ wide swath following the roadway
- will collect GCP that will also be surveyed traditionally for control
I’d rather spend more time in the field and come home with best possible imagery - slower collection, more coverage, etc.
- what altitude should I fly at with this setup for the best resolution. I’ve read higher is better but there must be some reduction on the return at some point.
- picture trigger mode: I assume “safe” is going to produce better images but lengthy the flight time
- flight speed control - I would assume slower the better, but if I’m using the “Safe capture” where the drone pauses flight, can I increase the speed between those points?
- angle of the camera setting: why can I only get it to 80degrees? If I have the camera pointed straight down, what should this be set to?
I’m sure this won’t be the last set of questions. Thanks all!