Support Website Contact Support Blog

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual

I would like to know if is it possible to do thermal orthomosaic with “DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual”.

Thanks for answer and tips.

Hi Leo, 

The “DJI Mavic 2 Entreprise Dual” carries a FLIR Lepton thermal micro-camera which not supported in our camera database.

Processing-thermal-images

For thermal processing it is recommended  to have a minimum sensor resolution of 640x480.
However the sensor resolution of the thermal camera on the Mavic 2 Dual is 160 x 120 which is not enough.

Nevertheless, you have the opportunity to test such drone we would interested to hear your feedback as we have not been able to try it.

Best, 

We just acquired a M2E Dual, and would like to try out this feature, but I’m unsure of how to properly set up a manual camera with the right setttings, since the M2E is not an officially supported device by Pix4D Capture. Can you offer any assistance? Thanks!

Hi Ryan,

After this answer we did not buy this drone. Unfortunately, we can not help you with this…

Léo

Hi @Ryan,

I sincerely doubt that you can get satisfactory results as the image resolution of the thermal camera is low.
However if you really want to try, upload your images in Pix4D. The software should be able to recognize that it is thermal images.
If not you can “Estimate from EXIF” in the camera model edition window. However values might be wrong and you would to correct it manually. 

I can also recommend you to have a look on our thermal example project.

Hope this will help.
Best,