DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual

Hi everyone,
I’m having the same problem with M2ED thermal images. I’ve mostly ruled out overlap issues, using 90% front and 80% side overlap, and I’ve tried manually entering the camera model settings, but for some reason, I’m unable to add and select only the ‘Thermal IR’ spectrum, (1000 for wavelength, 300 for bandwidth) in the camera setup menu, when I try to select it, the selection field goes blank. The same thing happens when deselecting RGB. I then see this error when trying to save the camera model settings:

As well as:

Error e0023: Select a camera model corresponding to the size and the bands of the image.

I can manually enter in the other details of the Lepton just fine, found over at:

Image resolution is 160x120 pixel
Image size of sensor: 0.164 [mm] x 0.123 [mm]
Focal length: 20 mm

When attempting to process the project, I still get: Error e0046: Processing failed. No calibrated cameras.

I’ve also tried using both latest version of Pix4D, and the older version 3.0 for Mac, and get the same exact problems on both versions, unfortunately.

Could someone be so kind as to post their exact Lepton camera settings?
Any advice would be appreciated.

I think you are using jpg images. The image should be in tif or rjpeg format if you want a temperature map, if it is RGB (jpg), you will only be able to use the map for visualization.

HI, Jim
Could you kindly let me know which format did you use for this great mosaic map, please?
Did you save rjpeg or tif format with M2ED?
All I could take was jpeg files and I don’t know how to rjpeg or tif.

Best regards,

Yumi

Hi Yumi,

As I understand it, the M2ED will not save as rjpeg only jpeg. The mosaic was created with jpeg only. This is a major disadvantage with this UAV and probably a ploy by DJI to steer customers to by the much more expensive XT2. Best I can do is make notes while flying on temp in a region.

Best,

Jim.

Hi Jim

Thank you for your quick answer.
It makes sence!!!
You gave me an answer for the question which I’ve long been having.
M2ED saves only the images for thermal data and does not contain actual temperature value?!?!
So if I want values, I have to buy expensive device which can store rjpeg…
Wow…
Anyway , I appreciate your help.
I’d like to make orthophoto with jpeg, with referencing your helpful process report.

Thank you again and best regards,

yumi

Sorry to revive this older topic, but just looking for a quick settings check.

My use case:
Very simple thermal mapping of industrial/commercial roofing structures. I’m only interested in generating a 2d thermal ortho that a roofing company could use to identify areas of concern. I don’t need temperature in any of my use cases (today).

I ran a flight with 90% front/side overlap, at roughly 30 feet above the roof of a small school near my house. I have been working to try and run these images through the trial version of Mapper, and would consider buying a license if I can generate a similar stitched image as what has been shown to be possible in this thread.

I’m struggling to get a camera calibrated, and continue to receive ‘no calibrated camera’ errors and the process stops. I’ve messed around a ton of settings based on this thread, and others. I’m happy to share the collateral if someone can confirm this can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @OttawaDrones,
You should be able to visualize the thermal pattern using the camera. Your flight overlap is good. However, for the flight height, I would suggest you fly at around 30-40 meters, if possible more than 40 m. And, also make sure that this height is the height between the top of the roof and the drone flight height.
If you are still having issues after following the above recommendation, I would suggest you to forward few screenshots, log files,s and the quality report of the project.

Thank you for the feedback! I’ve had mixed results running the drone at higher altitude, seems it doesn’t pick up the temperatures accurately/at-all at the higher altitudes. I can certainly give it a try though.

Second, I had a GIS friend take a look, and his comment was that his GIS tools fail to orthorectify the pictures, because there’s only a single location point. See below.

Lastly, is there any value in sharing the collateral I already have?

Hello, I am not clear what you are referring to when you say there is only a single location point. I would highly recommend you to increase your flight height and then process it with PIX4Dmapper. After that, if you are not able to get a good result, forward the quality report, logfile, and screenshot showing the issue?

I’m doing another flight tomorrow, so I’ll see what happens when I increase altitude while maintaining a high overlap. Thanks!