Ditch / hole volume calaculation

Hi guys,

can you please let me know how can I calculate the Volume for a hole / small ditch?
I know how it works for piles but I wasn’t able to do the calculation for a hole.

Thanks!

Hi Chris Huber,

Absolutely! Calculating volumes for a hole or small trench in PIX4Dcloud is a simple process. Follow these steps:

• Upload your dataset:
    Make sure you have uploaded the dataset containing the area with the hole or trench to PIX4Dcloud.

• Define the area of interest:
    Use the drawing tools to define the specific area of the hole or trench. You can do this by outlining the area of interest on the map.

• Generate a Volume Report:
    After defining the area, click on the “Volume” icon in the left sidebar. This will prompt PIX4Dcloud to calculate the volume within the outlined region.

• Adjust settings (if necessary):
    Depending on your specific needs, you may want to adjust settings such as the base surface or calculation parameters. PIX4Dcloud provides options to customize the volume calculation according to your needs.

• Review and Export Results:
    Once the volume calculation is complete, review the results in the PIX4Dcloud interface. You can visualize the cut and fill volumes for the specified area. If you are satisfied, you can export the volume report for further analysis or sharing.

For more detailed instructions and visual guidance, please refer to the official PIX4Dcloud volume calculation documentation: How to calculate volumes in PIX4Dcloud.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or encounter any problems, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Fernando

Thank you for you answer Fernardo,
For the moment I am using Pix4d Mapper and Pix4dCloud Basic, should I follow same steps in Mapper?

Best regards,
Chris

Hello again chris

I noticed you mentioned using Pix4Dmapper for measuring volumes, sorry for the misunderstanding.

1. How to measure Distances, Areas, or Volumes with PIX4Dmapper: Click here
  2. Understanding PIX4Dmapper Volume Calculations: This link provides a detailed explanation of how PIX4Dmapper calculates volumes.

Here you can find that: * The Fill volume VF is the volume between the base and the terrain when the terrain is lower than the base. The Fill Volume is given with a negative value/sign.

Feel free to dive into these resources, and if you have any specific questions or if there’s anything else I can assist you with, please let me know!

Best regards,

Fernando