Won't calculate volumes

I’m sure I am making a simple mistake here.  After I am finished creating a new volume, I cannot get the software to calculate the volume.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Dear Justin,

Depending on the dataset, calculating the volume can take up a lot of computing power. What is the amount of RAM and the GPU card your PC is using? Hardware is very relevant, because Pix4D is rendering 3D data, so a good GPU is essential to ensure a “painless” processing. I would recommend that you also update your GPU driver using this website: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Cheers,

Teodora

Teodora,

You could be correct on RAM.  My machine has 8GB of ram, I will upgrade it this weekend and see if it makes a difference.  Since the data set is so small, it could be something else.  Below is what I can copy to the clipboard after pressing the compute button.

Name Terrain 3D Area (m2) Fill Volume (m3) Fill Volume Error (m3) Cut Volume (m3) Cut Volume Error (m3) Total Volume (m3) Total Volume Error (m3)
Volume 1

Hello again,

I have seen this issue before and one of the solutions was simply updating the GPU driver (link here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us). Could you first try the GPU update and then try to process on a more powerful PC?

Cheers,

Teodora

Teodora,

The extra RAM did the trick thank you for your support.  One quick question, I am using this to determine spoils pile size and quantity.  As you can see below, when I calculate the volume the cut volume is including the space between the spoils and the tree branches above.  Shown by the red columns up to the trees below. Is there a way I can modify this to where this additional quantity is not included?  Or is the only option to trim the tree?

Dear Justin,

Have you tried adjusting the base surface? Use all the options below and check which one works best: 

I would also reorganize my volume measurements by dividing them into more parts, e.g. the volume until the trees and the volume from the trees until the edge. If you know the volume of the “undesired” segment of the volume, some simple maths can also solve this problem.

Cheers,

Teodora

My computer can not finish computing the volumes of the stockpiles I outline. They are large piles but with my computer, I feel like this should be a problem. I have 32 gigs of ram, an AMD Radeon rx 6700 xt, and a ryzen 9 5950x 16 core processor.

I have tried re-processing the quality report but that does not seem to help either. i am running windows 11.

Hi tclark,
Can you upload your project log file and quality report? This will tell us much about your project and why you cannot compute a volume.

The issue was solved using this procedure:

1. Close PIX4Dmapper if running.
  2. Go to System > Display > Graphics and browse PIX4Dmapper.exe (normally found in " C:\Program Files\Pix4Dmapper ") if not already appearing in the app list.
  3. Click Options and select High Performance .
  4. Open PIX4Dmapper and calculate the volume.

cheers