Can I upload a point cloud and mesh that was processed on my desktop?

Like the title say above. Is this possible, or must I re-process online?
the idea would be to use the cloud platform to collaboration meetings

Yes. You can upload files processed on desktop. 

1. Create new project on cloud.

2: Click Results under Files tab and upload the files needed

2 Likes

perfect, thank you.

I have a project with 3 LAS files. It seems that I can only upload one. Can you please provide a solution to this - and I hope it is not to reprocess the data with the option to merge all the LAS files…

You can merge .las files with e.g QGIS which is opensource or lastools

https://rapidlasso.com/lastools/lasmerge/

Hi,

I could upload some desktop files in both my first and second projects with success, but there is no way for my third, fourth and so on. Is there any limit to create new Projects?

Thanks a lot

Hi Josè, 

There is a temporary issue on the Cloud, that’s why you can’t upload your output files. You will be able to upload them again, as soon as the problem is fixed by our Cloud developers. 

Thanks for reporting it!

Alice

Dear @Josè,

the issue has just been fixed by our Cloud developers! Now you can go on creating new projects and uploading your output files.

Enjoy mapping!

Alice

Hi,
I’ve uploaded my project images in cloud, without start processing. Then I’ve processed those on my local system to generate outputs: orthomosaic, DSM, point cloud and MeshOBJ. Now I’ve uploaded the outputs in the corresponding results section. There each output is having “Processed” tag on the bottom. But still I’m not able to see the map view, the way it’s available for other cloud processed projects. Why I can’t i get the map view for locally processed outputs, so that I can make volume measurements in the cloud. I’ve attached images to describe this better. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi @mariyasusai,

Your project cannot be displayed because you are following an incorrect workflow that creates an error in the Cloud.
In the Cloud front end you have two options:
Either upload images for processing
or
Upload outputs generated in Pix4Dmapper Desktop.
How to upload results and outputs to the Cloud.

So if you want to have your project displayable you should either process the images that you have uploaded or create a new project and upload there your results.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Best