Beta OS X version of Pix4Dmapper 2.1

@Sebastian

I will send a proof message at your address: please confirm its reception and we will go ahead.
Regards

@Support

Would you kindly ask how many users have had problems or crashes using the 2.1 version for Mac OS X?

I’m one of these.

So I decided to donwgrade to the previous one 2.0.104 and it works, with its problems unsoluted, of course, but works

I have the same problems with the 2.1 version for Mac OS X.  I sent my data log to the support. Hope they will find something soon or put the older version to downgrade on a link.

@Michael

Follow my suggestion and downgrade to the pervious version by “Time Machine”: I’ve done and now with 2.0.104 and the copies of all files .pd4 I’m able to work (with all old problems).

P.S.: I’ve found an old version (2.0.89) and sent it to Sebastian, fell free to ask me if you need it.

Bonjour,

Je confirme que la version 2.1.51 est très instable sur OSX.

Crash lorsque je charge un précédent projet

Crash lorsque je sauvegarde un nouveau projet

Pas de visu “satellite” après voir lancé un nouveau projet et chargé le lot d’images

J’ai lancé un processing (malgré les étapes précédentes), et le % d’évolution du processing ne bouge pas du tout, alors que le processing a bien démarré.

Voici une capture de la plateforme que j’utilise :

Concernant la version GPU Driver, j’espère que les informations ci-dessous vous aideront. Pour les drivers je ne sais pas vous dire… où avons-nous cette info sur OSX ?

Pour les logs après le crash, le log du projet n’est pas du tout actualisé, donc aucune info.

Je n’ai pas eu non plus de fenêtre OSX qui annonçait ce crash… contrairement à une version précédente où une fenêtre apparaissait. Là, l’application se ferme instantanément, sans aucun message. C’est en recherchant l’application lancée… et qu’on ne la trouve pas, que l’on comprends que c’est un crash.

A votre disposition si besoin, merci,

Dear Pix4D members & Mac fans!

Thank you for all your feedback on this beta version 2.1.51. This was very precious for our developers, and enabled us to detect bugs that made the software crash. We are currently working on these, and therefore version 2.1.51 will not be available for download anymore until these bugs are fixed. We will notify you when the version is available for download again.

In the meantime, we recommend to download the previous version 2.0.104 which was more stable: https://mapper.pix4d.com/download/mapperprevious/dmg

Thank you again for your support!

Well done: the 2.1.51 version crashes every time it starts.

The features are better in 2.1.51 version (I’ve installed Windows 10 pro on my Mac Pro using Bootcamp, so I’m able to use both versions: the Mac OS X and the Windows 10 one), but unfortunately it doesn’t work!
The other way to downgrade is using Time Machine, if you have the good practice to backup every time. Kind regards.

Antonio Anelli, engineer

www.aerialdroneostro.com

Let’s cooperate all together, if you want!

Hello, I got also a problem to install the beta version on my Mac book Pro using El Capitan.

Even with the old version, if you drag the Pix4D icon to Application, it doesn’t work when you open Pix4D from applications folder. Computer says that the files is corrupted and you have to erase it (I have the same message with the new version)

The thing I am doing is to click twice on Pix4D on the desktop icon (direct on the pix4D image) and open the software form this icon. It works after 2 tries… 

Hope it will help some users and Pix4D team ! 

Philippe

Dear Pix4D members & Mac fans!

We fixed the bugs that were causing crashes and now version 2.1.53 is available for download: https://mapper.pix4d.com/download/mapper/dmg/

We are looking forward to your feedback to further improve the OS X version of Pix4Dmapper. 

Thank you again for your support!

Bonjour,

Je suis dans la même configuration que mon post précédent, cependant j’ai bien installé la version 2.1.52 qui est beaucoup plus fiable.

Cependant, en créant un nouveau projet, je ne peux pas afficher mes points sur une carte Satellite. Je n’ai que l’option “Map” de visible.

Comment faire pour changer cela ? Sur l’ancienne version, j’avais les 2 possibilités. Les fichiers images sont les mêmes.

Merci,

Rectification… j’ai chargé un ancien projet, sur ce projet je n’ai plus l’option “Satellite”… 

Egalement, lorsque je clique sur “Ray Cloud”, cela ferme automatiquement l’application, sans message de “crash” etc.

@Sylvian Pedretti

just a prayer: if you can, use english language for your comment, so is easier to understand.

I’m italian.

Kind regards and sorry for my words 

Hello, sorry, i know it’s difficult for everyone for understand what i say in comment.

I write in french because it’s easier for me to explain the problem, and because the staff can read french like english.

That’s why i write in french.

Sorry for everyone if i don’t translate it in english…

@Sylvain

ok, excuse me for my words. I’m sorry.

But in simply words does it work or crash, as the previous one?

For me, it already crash when I’m going to RayCloud
Another thing I can’t see Satellite view. Just map view

I downloaded the previous beta OSx version of pix4d a week or so ago, and it seemed to work fine with the included sample data. This week I opened it and got the upgrade prompt so I upgraded. After the upgrade I now get a warning abut low memory on start up (see attached). It says I have less than 4gb ram while I actually have 8gb. The sample project was also crashing. This was all before upgrading to OSX El Cap. I’ve made the upgrade and am hoping that clears the crashing issue but I still get the memory warning. Is this a known issue? Is there a setting I need to be aware of that effect memory access?

Thanks,

David

Hello,
Same as David, i have a message about Low memory warning even if I have 8go.
For now the rest is working well!
Philippe
Mac Book pro 2013 el capitan

Is now the satellite view visible or not?

Antonio

MAC PRO 6.1 (Late 2013)

64 GB RAM/1TB SSD

2.1.53 crash a few minutes after it starts processing. I had to revert to 2.0.104. 

2012 MBP Retina 15inch. 2.6ghz intel core i7. 16gb 1600 ddr3. Nvidia GeForce GT650M 1024. 

I get the “Less than 4gb of RAM available” message when I have 16gb. Dedicated video card memory is only 1GB tho :confused:

I’ve not installed the 2.1.52 and now there is a new Mac OS X version: the 2.1.53?

If so, may I suggest to send an email to all “volunteers” who follow this discussion?

May I suggest to write in that email the change log of this new version?

Kind regards.