Basic GCP Editor: how to turn the tool tip off?

Is there a way to turn off the annoying tool tip that hovers & blocks the preview/selection window in the basic GCP editor? I hate using the basic editor and that tool tip is at least half the reason I think.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Do you mean the cross (i.e. the tool tip itself marked as 1 in the screenshot below) or the message that appears when you stop moving the tool tip (marked as 2 in the screenshot below)? Maybe I misunderstood your question. If it’s none of these, could you post a screenshot of what you mean?

I agree that the Basic Editor is not very user friendly (although it can save projects in certain cases). In general, I recommend to add GCPs in the rayCloud, once step 1. Initial Processing was processed. This is in my opinion the easiest way. 

Is there any particular reason why you are using the Basic Editor instead of the marking in the rayCloud? Would be interesting to know more about it. 

Yes, the message that comes up & blocks part of the window when you quit moving the mouse…Every. Single. Time. Not a deal breaker, but definitely annoying after awhile. I just thought I’d check to see if there was a quick toggle somewhere I might be missing.

I try & do a rapid process and use the ray cloud editor, it’s a much better work flow. But often the coordinate systems I have to use on projects have been set up by others and are either modified or offset from state plane or they are arbitrary coordinate systems. Each one is different; it’s hardly worth setting up a projection file or setting up a bunch of parameters for each case…so I just use the basic editor to identify my GCPs in those cases. 

I’m afraid I don’t know of any way to stop this message from popping up in the basic GCP editor. However, there is a trick that might help, maybe you know it already, in addition to moving the mouse to remove the message you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in/out on the same spot where the cursor is. This enables to keep the same position and to remove the message for a few seconds.

As for marking the GCPs in the rayCloud, you could do a rapid processing of step 1 and mark them as you said, but then you would have to reprocess the entire step 1 to get good results. I would rather process step 1 with the full settings (e.g. 3D Maps template), then add the GCPs in the rayCloud and reoptimize (Process > Reoptimize) the project as described here: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560109 . Then, you can directly run steps 2 and 3.

The fact that the GCPs are in a different coordinate system should not be a problem if you mark them directly in the rayCloud (which is a bit different from importing all the GCPs in a file and see them appear in the rayCloud).

What do you think about that workflow? Let me know if you try it.