Apple M1 Silicon chip

Hello everyone!

With the new launch of Apple M1 CPU’s, I’m wondering if Pix4D engineers team will plan to develop a software optimization to work closely with these chips or the next generations.
It’s easy to imagine how softwares like Fields for example, will be powerful on entry level MBP 13’’, MBA and Mac mini.

Pix4D crew are welcome to react on this topic !

Keep your heart and your mind in peace: I’M STILL WAITING FOR AN UPGRADE OF MAC OSX 3.0.18 VERSION SINCE NOVEMBER 2018. They are not intended to do it.

1 Like

Look at this https://community.pix4d.com/t/beta-macos-version-of-pix4dmapper-3-0/5672

Haha that’s funny because I found on the comments section of this topic, comments from both of us complaining about the non compatibility of pix4D for 2016 Mac, it was 5 years ago!!! and nothing changed since :laughing:
I give up with Pix4D, that’s a shame for them if they cannot understand that they have opportunities investing in a strong development for macOS platform. And even more when we see the capabilities of M1 / Pro / Max chip.

Hi Mac users. I can understand the desire for continued support for Macs. We appreciate your loyalty to PIX4D and our software. As you have encountered, there has been no support for Macs since version 3.0.18. Looking towards the future I would suggest investigating PIX4Dmatic. Matic is our next generation of photogrammetry software that is supported in both windows and mac. If you would like to demo Matic visit the link below and click on the apple icon.

Is Pix4Dmatic free of charge for OSX Pix4Dmapper users? We spent more than 6500 euros to buy our perpetual license, as you know ;-(

Mapper will be supported for many more years to come.