Version 1.6.0 Pix4Dcapture

My Pix4dcapture app updated today and now I cannot use it on my iOS device.  I open the app and it immediately closes but is still available if I double click my Home button my my device to see all open apps.  Once I click the Pix4dcapture app it opens for a second and closes again and stays open in the background.

What can be the issue here?  

Hello Bird’s Eye,

We’re aware of a retro-compatibility issue that is affecting some devices when updating from 1.4.2 to 1.6.0. This causes the app to close at startup. We’re working to solve it and there will be a fix coming soon with a new release.

In the meantime, you can follow this workaround:

1. Access to your iOS device’s internal memory using iTunes or iExplorer

2. Go to Apps -> Pix4DCapture and delete the whole “./Library/Caches” folder

3. Start the app. Now it should start correctly

Hope this helps

Regards

I have connected my iPhone to iTunes but I cannot access anything with Pix4Dcapture.  I click on Apps beneath Settings and it does not show Pix4Dcapture as an App that I can access for File Sharing.  I cannot seem to access anything within the App to delete the folder you outlined above.  I can access other capture apps I have installed but not Pix4Dcapture, any ideas?

Hi Bird’s Eye,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Apparently there might be an issue on our side in the File Sharing enabling, we’re working to fix the issue in the next release. Anyway, you should be able to easily access the folder using iExplorer. 

You can download it from here: 

https://macroplant.com/iexplorer

The free demo mode is enough to access Pix4Dcapture’s folder and remove it.

Hope this helps

Regards