IOS Capture App Crashing

Hi,

Overtime I go to load up the app on iPhone 7 and iPad mini 4 the app keeps crashing. I load it up go to click ‘double grid’ or any of the others and it just shuts down straight away. It is since I updated the app 2 days ago. Any known issues with the new update?

Thanks

Hi Jake,

Before investigating further, we recommend to proceed with basic checks:
https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004119343

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Julie, Even just loading the app without any connection to the drone etc…crashes. I just click the app to make a pre programmed mission and it freezes and instantly crashes. I can’t click on any icons etc. Like I said this is even before the drone is connected or anything! Even with all other apps closed.

Thanks

Jake,

We suspect several causes for the crash and would like to investigate further.

Could you please upload here all the iOS log files that you find in the device:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i5m7900m5ic2xcl/AADVPP9uKmzqflGG-R1K7sska?dl=0

If you need help about how to extract log files, check this article.

Exact same problem, on former ipad Mini 2 and again on new ipad Mini 4. Basic checks mentioned above done and passed. Even uninstall/reinstall does not fix the problem! It never once worked again on the Mini 2, and pretty sure it will never work again on Mini 4 unless you can fix that? Too bad because is good app.

Hi Nicholas, please contact the Support team via the request form and attach the log files for further investigation (cf. article for help in my comment above).

The pix4Dcapture app keeps crashing on my iphone 8. Would a later model significantly reduce likelihood of crashing?

Hello,

The behavior you are describing can’t be replicated on our side and has not been reported to us so far. I would suggest you go through all the basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered if properly followed.

In case the issue is not solved, I would also recommend you to go through our support article on Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D’s software?.

Regards,

I also face app crashing issue. I tried to force quit the app…