Is there a walkthrough on how to process thermal images that are only .jpgs and do not have radiometric data?
I am trying to create a 3D Model of a structure but want to use the color-mapped thermal images as the pointcloud colors/mesh texture.
I have collected thermal images (just .jpgs) using a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual (M2ED) thermal camera (It is a FLIR Lepton 3.5 160x120). I have used many different settings but the initial processing of the images always fails due to failure to calibrate enough cameras.
Processing Settings Attempted
- Auto-camera settings of FC2403_0.0_640x480 with Processing Template “Thermal Camera”
– Initial Processing failed due to “No Calibrated Cameras”
- Auto-camera settings of FC2403_0.0_640x480 with Processing Template “3D Models”
– Calibrated ~4% of cameras
- Created a camera model and set pixel size and focal length based off of FLIR Lepton specs with processing template “3D Models”
– Initial processing calibrated roughly ~2% of cameras
- Camera model based off of FLIR Lepton, and processing template “Thermal Camera”
– Initial processing failed due to “No Calibrated Cameras”
- Is there a walkthrough for doing thermal processing with only .jpg color-mapped images?
- My thermal image color scale is gray -> yellow -> orange -> red -> white, would I need to take this into account in my settings? Would I be changing this in the “camera model bands” options within camera model?
- I also have RGB images that I have used a to make a 3D model that I am hoping to merge with my thermal images project, as suggested here, but since my thermal images don’t have radiometric data, should I try and process them all together?
- Is it possible to used images from the M2ED or do I just need a different camera?
Info and links I looked at when doing the processing attempts listed above
Thank you for your help,