Teal 2 - Your camera is not supported at this time

Could we get the xml for Teal 2?

Hi droneMDAC,

I tried creating an XML file for these images but there is something wrong with them. They do not contain the necessary exif tags on the images. It appears that they are lacking any georeferencing along with the make and model of the camera.

I suggest reaching out to the manufacturer. They might need to make some adjustments to their firmware.

1 Like

This is the new Teal 2, it is using the Flir Hadron 640R. from Flir, it looks like this may be the specs we might be looking for?

Effective Focal Length (EFL) 4.8 mm, 67° HFOV, F/# 1/2.3

Hi droneMDAC,

Yes, this information is very useful. However, for the images to work in our software, this data needs to be embedded in the image itself. The primary field that is missing is the geolocation information. There should be latitude and longitude coordinates embedded that shows exactly where the image was taken. Without this information, we are unable to stitch the images together.

Are you in touch with the manufacturer for this drone? If so, I would recommend reaching out and letting them know. I have also contacted our business developer for public safety. He will try to contact them as well. We strive to support all drones and cameras, and we will do our best to make this drone work. But we will need the manufacturer to provide the necessary data.

1 Like

I have reached out to Teal to see about adding the data to the file.

After sending that email, I remembered seeing lat/long somewhere. I am actually seeing the lat/long when I Get Info on the files…see attached
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 10.24.41 AM

When I download the files that I sent you folks previously, the file does not have that data. just weird!

I can view the full details of the exif data online

of this image

BitsPerSample 8
CameraPitch -89.93351
CameraRoll 0.005986
CameraYaw 0
ColorComponents 3
Date 2023-05-26 16:04:11 UTC
DateTimeOriginal 2023-05-26 16:04:11 +0000
EncodingProcess Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
ExifByteOrder Little-endian (Intel, II)
ExifVersion 0230
FileAccessDate 2023-05-30 15:27:31 +0000
FileInodeChangeDate 2023-05-30 15:27:31 +0000
FileModifyDate 2023-05-30 15:27:31 +0000
FilePermissions prw-------
FileSize 0 bytes
FileType JPEG
FileTypeExtension jpg
FlashpixVersion 0100
GPSAltitude 212.1 m Above Sea Level
GPSAltitudeRef Above Sea Level
GPSLatitude 32 deg 31’ 22.35" N
GPSLatitudeRef North
GPSLongitude 90 deg 8’ 50.27" W
GPSLongitudeRef West
GPSPosition 32 deg 31’ 22.35" N, 90 deg 8’ 50.27" W
ImageHeight 3472
ImageSize 4624x3472
ImageWidth 4624
JFIFVersion 1.01
MIMEType image/jpeg
Megapixels 16.1
ModifyDate 2023-05-26 16:04:11 +0000
ResolutionUnit None
XMPToolkit GStreamer
XResolution 1
YCbCrSubSampling YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
YResolution 1

Hi droneMDAC,

I believe there is still a formatting issue that we cannot read. The image tags need to be formatted correctly in order for our software to read the data. In fact, the formatting is industry standard for most, if not all, mapping software. I attached a PDF that outlines the required information. Please note that the PDF does not specifically mention PIX4Dreact. However, PIX4Dreact is based on PIX4Dfields processing algorithms. Please reference PIX4Dfields.

At this point, I think the best way to move forward is if the manufacturer can contact us directly. Ask them to reach out to support.pix4d.com.

Exif_tags_for_project_creation-Pix4D_products.pdf (180.2 KB)

1 Like

I have involved dave@tealdrones.com.

he has advised he has attempted to reach out but has not gotten a connection yet. would you be able to reach out to him as filters may have issues?

How is the progress going with the engineers collaborating?

I was advised that the teams were working together for a solution. Do we happen to have a solution yet?

Hi droneMDAC,
Right now, PIX4D can still process the imagery from the Teal 2 drone. However, for optimal results, the camera should be added to our database. This will require Teal to add the necessary exif tags to the images. Until this happens, we cannot add the camera(s) to our database.

Thank you so much for the update. How do I get Pix4D React to process the imagery?

name_0.0.4624X3472.xml (1.2 KB)
Hi droneMDAC,
I attached a custom XML file that should allow you to process the imagery.

1 Like

This worked absolutely fantastically. Thank you to all involved to get this going!

Hi,

I believe Teal has updated some settings that now has not meshed with Pix4D react. could we get a new xml with these images?

Teal.xml (1.2 KB)
Give this a shot.

thank you for getting back SO QUICKLY!!! you folks rock.

it still says
We are sorry.
your camera is not supported at this time.
Camera found

• Hadron 640Reo
  • 4624x3472

Can you upload the images to the link below? Sometimes sharing through this forum corrupts the image exif data.

Teal 2 community upload

should be about 21 there now. Thanks Mike_K

Hadron640REO_4.8_4624x3472.xml (1.2 KB)
I just tested. This works.