Supported Cameras

HI; I started trail of Pix4Dreact today.

However;
None of my DJI cameraes I have tried so fare were supported; Macvic Mini, Mavic 2 Zoom, Matrice 200V2 X7 16mm og XT2 RGB.

Is this true?

Hi Jørn,

Indeed, there are some drone cameras which are not supported. Please check out this article for further details: Which drones are compatible with Pix4Dreact?

Best,
Teodora

I just flew a mapping mission with my Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. I had the camera set to 16:9 aspect ratio. React will not process the images. With the camera set to 4:3 aspect ration, it works. So pass that around.

Request to Pix4D: Can you include the 16:9 aspect ratio on the Mavic 2E Dual as a supported format? I would be happy to upload the images form my mission to help with that.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the suggestion. In order to have an impact in the decision-making and product improvements, you can now vote for your favorite feature request that you would most like to see implemented.

Voting is very simple:

1. In Feature Request/Suggestions category.
  2. Click on the topic that interests you or create a new one.
  3. Vote for it.
  4. Done, your vote is counted!
  5. You can manage, follow-up or even remove your vote(s) if you change your mind.

Cheers,
Teodora

Hello,

Some updates in case you do not know this yet. In the following article: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045923031 You will find the list of cameras that are supported in Pix4Dreact. Also, if an RGB camera is not supported in Pix4Dreact, it is possible to process the dataset if a file with the internal camera parameters is provided. We can gladly help you with the file if needed.

Mavic Mini is in our internal camera database with this resolution 4000x2250. We need some good datasets of the Mavic Mini with the original resolution (4000x3000 ) to add it. We are still looking for it, but you can process it already with an XML file

Regards,

Dear Fernanda,

I have been trying yo use Pix4D react with little success as I am having problems with supported cameras.

My images come from a mobile phone camera (Huawei P40), and I have defined the internal parameters editing the XML template given, and adapted some of the values to the P40 camera ones. However, Pix4Dreact is still unable to work, raising an error:

Captura

I had already linked the camera parameters to the related XML file. What should I do in order to make Pix4D react work with my P40 camera?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Pablo

Hi Pablo, can you please share 5 images and the XML file with us?

Hi Fernanda,

Yes. Please find the files attached. Thank you in advance for your help.
I know that I should use air images, but as a previous step to flying the drone, I would like to solve the Pix4D react problem regarding the phone camera.

P40_camera.xml (1023 Bytes)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12HjGQIse9Yu3TTQ2ljarmRVfCpywwxGx/view?usp=sharing

Hi Pablo,

I could not find the error yet. However, even if we make these images work on Pix4Dreact, I am afraid you will not be able to stitch them. We need nadir images, with overlap from 60 to 80% depending on your application. It seems your images do not meet the minimum requirements that the software needs to process.

Hello,

Thanks for your patience. Please use this XML file File.xml (1.2 KB)

This will allow you to import your images to Pix4Dreact, but as we discussed, the stitching might not work because the images do not have the requirements that the software needs (overlap and nadir)

Sincerely,