Suggestions of Tablet to be used with Pix4Dcapture

I am looking at tablets for the phantom 4. Does the tablet have to have gps to use the Pix4Dcapture app correctly when doing flight plans in the field? I would use my phone as a wifi hotspot to download maps.

thanks for your help.

Dear Ryan,

Our application should be compatible with most recent devices having GPS and Wi-Fi. The iOS version is compatible with all Apple devices running iOS 9 and above. Regarding the Android version, it is compatible with Android 4.0 and above and it supports both smartphones and tablets. We have tested the following devices:

• Samsung Galaxy S7, S6, S5 (hardware version: SM-G900F)

• Samsung Galaxy Alpha

• Nexus 6, Nexus 5 (rooted)

• Samsung Galaxy S4 (rooted), S2

• Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

• Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the application will work perfectly with these devices. The hardware can vary a lot when running Android OS and even with the Galaxy S5 there are many different hardware configurations that it is very difficult to support all different devices. Also be aware that certain devices are not supported for some permission issues imposed by Google Play Store that we cannot control.

You don’t need internet connection (mobile data or Wi-Fi) to perform missions. Only the geolocation signal of the mobile device is used to geolocalized the mission and the home point with respect to the drone’s GPS. You can plan the mission in advance so that the base map can be loaded and saved (Android) or cached (iOS) on the device before going to the field. 

Regards,

My Samsung Galaxy S5 hardware version SM-G900A (about two years old as of now) works just fine.  However I am really anxious to get the GS Pro app (Ground Station Pro) on my android.  It has been available for iOS tablets for a while now, and if you are going to try to map terrain that slopes you need its ability to set different heights for your flight lines.  

Hi Tim,

Thank yo for sharing your feedback.
We reported this suggestion about mapping slopes and being able to have the flight lines at different heights in Pix4Dcapture.

Thank you!

Regards,

La aplicación pixi4dcapture  funciona o es compatible con Mi Pad4 LTE?

Hola Julian,

Teniendo en cuenta que es una tableta bastante actual, no veo ningún motivo por el que no sea compatible.
No obstante, hay muchos tipos de hardware que soportan Android OS y es imposible testear todos.
En el caso de esta tableta, no tenemos ninguna aquí y no la hemos testeado con Pix4Dcapture.
Adicionalmente, comentarte que en el pasado ha habido algún que otro problema de compatibilidad con dispositivos Android sobre todo aquellos que tenían arquitectura x86 y versión 6.x. 
Pero no parece ser el caso de este dispositivo.

Un saludo.

Hago una nueva consulta, Pix4dcapture es compatible con Ipad mini 2 wifi que no tienen gps?

Espero su respuesta gracias.

Hola Julián,

Pix4Dcapture ha sido utilizado con éxito por usuarios que tienen dispositivos móviles iOS sin GPS incorporado, así que no vemos ninguna razón por la que no debería funcionar con el iPad 2 mini.
Al no tener un GPS incorporado con su dispositivo móvil tendrá como consecuencia que la distancia  entre el drone y el usuario  en la telemetría se mostrará como N / A durante el vuelo o mostrará un valor que no tiene sentido.

Saludos,

1 Like

tengo una pregunta, es compatible con la tablet samsung Galaxy Tab E?

no se si la version actual no es compatible o hay que buscar versiones anteriores de la app que sean compatibles para poderlos usar en esta tablet? muchas gracias

1 Like

Hola Juan Pablo,

Sabiendo que esta tableta es reciente, no hay ninguna razón por la que Pix4Dcapture no sea compatible con esta tableta.
Sin embargo, el hardware puede variar mucho cuando se ejecuta el sistema operativo Android y es imposible de soportar las configuraciones de todos los dispositivos diferentes. Actualmente, no tenemos esta tableta y de hecho no la hemos probado con Pix4Dcapture.

Tenga en cuenta que deberá ejecutar al menos Android V5.0 para drones DJI y V4.4 para otros drones.

Saludos

Hi Pix4D Support,

Pix4D Capture does not work with IOS - either it will only fly in ‘safe mode’, making it incompatible with professional surveying due to the extremely long time it would take to perform a proper survey this way, or it does fly in fast mode but the camera shutter doesn’t fire despite the app showing pictures being taken.

I’ve written Pix4D support about this, posted messages on the boards, etcetera, and Pix still won’t own up to this flaw or even wager a solution.

So reluctantly I bought an Android device to be used with our Inspire 2 for mapping only. 

The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 6, running Android 8.1.0. 

Ctrl+dji will not even download onto the the tablet!  One gets a message ‘Ctrl_DJI cant be downloaded. This app may be incompatible with your device.’

I’ve tried clearing the cache with Google Play, resetting the Google account, returning to factory settings and repeating the above, etcetera.

So I’m flummoxed here: how is it possible that a company as large as Pix4D can’t tell its users which devices its applications will run on?

It would be extremely helpful if you could respond to this issue with a fix for Pix4DCapture - either for an Ipad Pro or an Android device running 8.1.0.

At the very least a list of devices - brand, model - that are currently working correctly with Pix4DCapture - including in ‘Fast Mode’ - would be appropriate.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you or anyone who has faced the same issues.

Thanks!

Hi Pix4D Support,

Pix4D Capture does not work with IOS - either it will only fly in ‘safe mode’, making it incompatible with professional surveying due to the extremely long time it would take to perform a proper survey this way, or it does fly in fast mode but the camera shutter doesn’t fire despite the app showing pictures being taken.

I’ve written Pix4D support about this, posted messages on the boards, etcetera, and Pix still won’t own up to this flaw or even wager a solution.

So reluctantly I bought an Android device to be used with our Inspire 2 for mapping only. 

The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 6, running Android 8.1.0. 

Ctrl+dji will not even download onto the the tablet!  One gets a message ‘Ctrl_DJI cant be downloaded. This app may be incompatible with your device.’

I’ve tried clearing the cache with Google Play, resetting the Google account, returning to factory settings and repeating the above, etcetera.

So I’m flummoxed here: how is it possible that a company as large as Pix4D can’t tell its users which devices its applications will run on?

It would be extremely helpful if you could respond to this issue with a fix for Pix4DCapture - either for an Ipad Pro or an Android device running 8.1.0.

At the very least a list of devices - brand, model - that are currently working correctly with Pix4DCapture - including in ‘Fast Mode’ - would be appropriate.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you or anyone who has faced the same issues.

Thanks!

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for all the tests done. Is the status still the same when using Pix4Dcapture or trying to download it on your Android mobile device?

In both the Android and iOS version, the configuration Inspire 2 / X5S camera is supported.

on iOS when using the fast mode to trigger images, you need to be sure that you have a connection with the drone as the way to trigger images relies on having a connection between the drone and the remote controller.

Here are my suggestions using the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture for now:

• Double check that you set everything the correct way (camera in the app…) following the basic checks and troubleshooting steps
  • If possible, fly one or two missions in the configuration that do not work so that it generates logs that we will be able to investigate after.

About Android, we don’t have any official recommendations. As that tablet is recent, we can not see any reason why Pix4Dcapture would not be compatible with this tablet. The application is not very heavy/intensive, hence any reasonable new tablet should work. However, hardware can vary a lot when running Android OS and it is impossible to support all different device configurations. Currently, we do not own this tablet and then we have not tested it with Pix4Dcapture.
What is the exact version of your tablet? Have you been able to try other Android mobile devices?

Best,

Hola. ¿Me podrían informar si es posible utilizar Pix4Dcapture en una Yoga Book con Android?

Muchas gracias.

Hola @edfloresu,

Si su versión de Android es más reciente que la de Android 7.0 funcionará.

Saludos

Can anyone tell me if the Galaxy Tab A (2019 version) will run Pix4D Capture? It will be running Android 9.

I am looking to purchase an Android Tablet to use with Pix4DCapture for acquiring imagery with the RedEdge MX sensor aboard a Matrice 200v2. I have used the iPad mini 2 previously, but unfortunately since one cannot load kml/ kmz files for mission planning with iOs devices, my flight missions have been inaccurate in covering my areas of interest. Can anyone recommend a good Tablet for running Pix4DCapture?