I finally managed to conduct a pretty successfully test mission with my Inspire 1 Pro, here my findings:
- Inspire 1 Pro with Olympus 12mm lens, FOCUS MANUALLY SET
- test mission
- area covered: 50m x 30m, altitude 30 or 40 meters (I’m not sure)
- flight pattern: 3 flight lines about 50m long, about 15m apart
- overlap set to: 90% (max)
- net flight time (first to last shot) = 2 minutes
- 24 images .jpg-images with embedded GPS-data (manually downloaded from SD-card)
- Successful processing with Pix4Dmapper (step 1 and 2)
- stop-for-each-shot-behavior (related to DJI SDK 3.0, as we know)
- overlap is far less than 90% (only about 80%)
- slightly overexposed (but very sharp) images
- no .p4d project created on iOS
- focus needs to be set manually
#1: With a fixed focused lens it is possible to use Pix4Capture 1.0 w. Inpire 1 Pro for successful mapping missions covering rather small areas.
#2: The (stop-and-go) flight took 3 times longer, compared to a continuous flight pattern at 5 m/s, which would result in a net flight time of only 40 s. As already mentioned several times, this is the main problem to be addressed, IMHO.