Stop Processing and Resume Processing options

Hi,
I have to process large number of images and it takes even two to three days to process 3000 images in a single project.
My office hours are 9 a.m to 5:30 p.m. So I need to stop the processing at 5:30 p.m. Next I want to start the processing where I left Yesterday.
Right now if I have completed 60% of second step (Point Cloud and Mesh) and stopped it at 5:30 p.m, next day I have to run the entire second step from the beginning.
Hence it will be of great use if there is an option to stop the processing and Resume the next from where I have left.
Also it will be of great help if there is accidental power cut (Electricity failure).

Thanks in advance

Hi @alam.mga.dst,

Thank you for your feedback. We will document it internally.

Regards,

This is a GREAT idea! A “Pause Button” would be very helpful as I process large data sets as well and often while using all the computer resources my machine is slowed down so much I cannot use it for anything else while processing. It would be nice to be able to “Pause” to use the machine for something else and resume when im done.

I have also had problems with power failure at our office when letting project run over night and losing data and having to re-process. Other than getting an APU I don’t know how to avoid this problem.

Thanks OP for the suggestion.

1 Like

Hi @dustin_shropshire

Please Contact Support and send us the Quality Report of your project and the .log file.

We will help you.

Regards

Hi Beata,
Any update on STOP/PAUSE & RESUME option?
Eagerly waiting for it.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @alam.mga.dst,

This feature is not in our roadmap.

However, we do consider having this feature in Pix4Dmatic. Learn more about the product here.

Best regards,

@Beata When I see language such as:
“However, we do consider having this feature in Pix4Dmatic. Learn more about the product here.”

It leads me to believe that it is not on the roadmap for a reason. Is this an indicator that Pix4D Mapper on a local machine will eventually be abandoned for development and users forced to move to an online version? It seems to be the “thing” with software companies these days.

If not, this is a very foolish and stubborn decision - to not include this feature in a future release.

The “Pause” button would be very useful in MANY ways to include the ability to “unselect” any unprocessed steps (2 or 3). Once the “Start” processing button is selected the user can no longer unselect processing options beyond the current step.

This is not logical in any way. If the user selects all three steps and prior to finishing step one or two, and the user decides that they must change a parameter within two or three, the user must abort the entire process and start from the beginning.

I, and many others have been in this situation in the past, and anyone who has processed large projects understands that aborting a job when within steps one or two can cost significant time, hours or even a day or more.

Why does it seem that Pix4D developers are often so far removed from their client base and don’t understand the needs deemed to be very useful? Do they just not care? This feature is something baked into the CLI version (to some extent), so what is so difficult with providing the button that makes the call to the command? Nothing is the answer.

This feature request is a duplicate (WHERE IS THE PAUSE/SUSPEND BUTTON??) of another that has been around for nearly six years and appears to be the most requested feature, though I may have misread that statistic. If it is the most requested, and has been for nearly six years, it proves my “they don’t care” thought process and I find that to be very disappointing.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Same issue. Huge data set. Power failure and i have to start over. Can see the log output from the previous processing, just need the ability to resume from there.