"Stop Processing, this can take a few seconds" What is pix4d doing?

“Stop Processing, this can take a few seconds” What is pix4d doing?, its been 1 hour since y canceled it. Is it saving something that i can use later? Ive stopped at the step number 2 because It was a 990 pics dataset and was taking too long, (4 days). My bad was to set the pointcloud to original scale instead of 1/2. But my question is, what is pix4d doing in this canceling stage? Couldnt find any info about.

Thnx

PS after i try to kill it a message with Information i9o22: Stopping and closing project. Please wait. appears.

Hey Athur,

I don’t think it is saving anything if you hit cancel, whatever stage you decide to cancel you would have to redo that step. Moreover if you want faster processing try 1/2 (half) image scale. What kind of a project is it? RGB? Multi-spectral? Furthermore 990 images aren’t that many, it definitely shouldn’t take four days to process.  

1 Like

It is clearing the temp/working files and cleaning up the project back to before you hit “start”.

I know this is long after you had this issue but you can kill it in the Task Manager next time…I have never seen any issues running it again after killing it.

Selim has a good point…4 days? You have a lot more issues than setting the point cloud image scale…I can do 4,500 pics in Step 2 in about 2.5 days.

1 Like

Hey Athur,

As Adam mentioned above kill it in the Task Manager then if you want fresh start to the project delete logs and the created folder or else it just going to over-ride. 

1 Like