Support Website Contact Support Blog

Stockpile calculation after removing trees

Hi
Can you help me out with the steps to follow in order to calculate the volume by removing trees that are in the way of stockpiles. I followed the following steps and nothing happened. Point out if theres something wrong.

1. Initial processing and point cloud and mesh formulated
  2. In the “ray cloud” activate point clouds and “edit densified cloud editor” was used properly and assigned to a new point cloud.
  3. DSM orthomodaic and index process
    Then what to do ? Exactly, the tutorial do not mention what to do.
    One video showed I have to follow the below after deselcting the point cloud in the "ray cloud " point groups
    Process – rematch and optimize

Hello,
Here you can find the steps:

1. Process steps 1. Initial Processing and step 2. Point Cloud and Mesh .
  2. Edit the point cloud to delete the points of the object, following: How to edit the point cloud in the rayCloud.
  3. Process step 3. DSM and Orthomosaic to generate the DSM.
  4. Click View > Volumes to access the Volumes view.
  5. Draw a volume, following How to draw a Volume and click Compute to compute it.

You do not need to Rematch and Optimize. After editing the point cloud, you need to generate again the DSM and orthomosaic (the 3rd step of processing) and then draw your new volume. If this does not work for you, please send us some screenshots of what you see in the rayCloud before and after editing the point cloud and when you draw your valumes.

1 Like

Yes thank you for your support, it went okay after the 15th time I processed it. I have no idea what I did wrong earlier.

I am glad to hear it worked :slight_smile: