Problems connecting Pix4D Ctrl+Dji with Phantom 4

I get the same error that John Pop has screen shot. Let’s hope Pix4d issue a new version of the App soon.

@Julie

We are still having problems with the Phantom 4 Advance after the release of the new app.   We will be at the Pix4D Workshop in Dayton next week.  Is there someone we can talk to directly there to help resolve the issue or help with a solution.  Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

@Jeremy , @Luke

Sometimes the SDK (set of programming tools for software development to interact with the drone hardware) is not responsive and the communication can break, which prevents the app from connecting to the drone properly.

We would recommend to:

• Make sure DJI GO (4) does not run in the background (force stop in the application manager).
  • Launch Ctrl+DJI first, and tap Open Pix4Dcapture to start the app.
  • Check the latest version Ctrl+DJI (besides Pix4Dcapture) is installed.

We would also suggest to restart from scratch (close the app, disconnect the mobile device, switch off the remote controller and the drone).

Are you able to connect to the drone and fly with DJI GO (4)?

Hola julie

Inicie el Ctrol + dji , no inicia , es posible trabajar solo con el pix 4d capture para inspire 1

Al intentar iniciar el ctrl +dji sale mensaje de error

Gracias

Hi Julie

I need to know if i can Work just With the app pix4d or is necEsary intslll the ctrl+dji, because when i try to start crtl +dji , there is a message “mistske”. There are anothers options.?

Thanks

@Percy

Ctrl+DJI is required to fly all DJI drones, except P2V and P2V+ that were discontinued.
If you need help, check our troubleshooting article: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004119343
Also I would recommend the getting started articles: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/hc/en-us/sections/200733429

Think I will probably give up with Pix4d and go with DroneDeploy - I just can’t get it to work. I’ve used both a Samsung S7 and a Sony Xperia Z3+ with my Phantom 4 pro and get the same errors as above. Too frustrating and the fixes are just not working. Maybe give it another go in six months when bugs are ironed out. iOS users seems to be fine.

I have the issue with Ctrl+DJI. I tested several versions of Ctrl+DJi and Pix4dCapture on my Samsung smartphone and tablet, from 3.8.2 to 3.8.5 for Capture. The problem seemed with Ctrl+DJI: after starting the app in a few second it crashed and the system keeps saying “Unfortunately the Ctrl+DJI has stopped”. Can’t figure out  why. My Android version is 4.4.2 and it was working very well (3.6.2) prior to the firmware upgrades. 

@Harry
Perhaps this post will answer some of your questions: (Android) OS version 4.4 and x86 architecture

I have issues were the Pix4d Capture says its connected to the drone but it does not download the images taken.   In addition when setting up to do the missions it loads the settings and when it says hold for 3 seconds, sometime it just sits on the project overview but does not take off.

Hi Perry, did you check if images were saved on the SD card? If not, I suggest that you join the thread here: (Android, iOS) Images are not captured.

Hello Julie!

I would like to buy Phantom 4 Pro+. Could you please confirm that  Phantom 4 Pro+ REMOTE CONTROLLER WITH BUILT-IN SCREEN I can use  together with Pix4Dcapture software without problem?

Hi Peteris,

You will find answers to your question in this other post :).
DJI Phantom 4 Pro+

Hello Julie,

Thank you for the answer!

Now I understand that I need a tablet or another device to work with Pix4Dcapture and  I don’t need to buy Phantom 4 Pro+ with the big screen.

Which device (tablet or phone) do you recommend for work together Pix4Dcapture with  Phantom 4 Pro controller?

Best regards,

Peteris

We try to be hardware independent as much as possible, so we cannot really recommend to buy a certain device. Even regarding a specific tablet or smartphone, it is not possible to guarantee the application will work perfectly. The hardware can vary a lot when running Android OS and there can be different hardware configurations for the same device.

Hello, staff, Julie. Is there an update in the near future to address the image capture issues in version 4.0.1?  Our Phantom 4 is grounded until app is fixed and we are getting backlogged on monitoring tasks.

Hugo, I have reported the issue and will update you as soon as possible via email, directly in your ticket thread.

using pix 4 d android check list ok but the drone does not take off does not recognize mission site what to do? the instruction had to take off manually but he still did not recognize the location of the mission but the GPS was normal in the picture

@luz, for optimal use of Pix4Dcapture, we recommend to proceed with basic checks: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004119343. This article helps users to troubleshoot app issues in most cases.

I would also recommend doing a quick check if the Maximum Altitude setting in DJI GO 4 is too restrictive. 

Best,

install the application pix 4d capture and Ctrl+DJI, I get the following text:"In order to control your drone, the SDK used in Ctrl+DJI which is provided by manufacturer requires certain permissions. Additionally, it is necessary for us to be able to store images and flight data to your devices storage. Granting the premissions is required for normal operation.