Preferences / Processing Template / User Profile

There should be a way to set up preferences such as:

-What Coordinate System is default
-What colors I want to assign to classifications
-ft vs meters
-Ortho prefs - tif vs jpg
-Whether the sky is on or off by default

Instead of just selecting a processing template, I should be able to save the existing settings to a new template. Similar to Mapper.

Hi @Chris_Putnam

Agreed! We’re planning to address the need for “custom templates”, I would see all the export preferences there, but based on current estimates it will not fit into this year’s roadmap. That said, we have identified this need and will address this eventually.

As for preferences, we do have a preferences menu under Edit > Preferences. For now we have the default color for the background, whether you want to basemap to be displayed as well as the notifications settings for preview releases (I encourage you to subscribe to get all the newest developments! we release every three weeks). In this menu, we could add whether we’d like the sky option to be enabled, ft vs meters.

For the default CRS, I would like to have better default recommendations (pre-fill) of the CRS dialogs, so that you only need to “approve” instead of selecting from scratch. Would that work for you too?

@Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler,

"For the default CRS, I would like to have better default recommendations (pre-fill) of the CRS dialogs, so that you only need to “approve” instead of selecting from scratch. Would that work for you too?

Yes. That would be great. It would also be great if all Pix platform products would save preferences as a profile choice. Ex:

-Custom Classes (Name, type, color)
-GCP colors and sizes
-Line color and weight
-Breakout windows (requested in a separate post) and their location on multi-monitor setup

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks @Chris_Putnam

We’re planning to add a way to select a default CRS. As for the other defaults, that’s an interesting idea. I’ll keep it in mind for the future.