Feature Request: Customise default coordinate systems

Hello,
I would like to request the ability to customise the default coordinate systems (image, output and GCP) so when I create a new project it automatically defaults to what I need and I don’t have to define them (and run a risk of making a mistake) every time.

I wonder if anyone actually uses drone data that is georeferenced to the egm96 geoid, or if any professional company prefers GIS export data in UTM grids rather than their own country’s static grid system…certainly in Australia this is not the case in my experience.

Regards,
Rory

Hi Rory,

Thank you for your feedback.
I’m going to share your idea among our teams.

Regards

1 Like

Hi Beata,

Just touching base as I’m interested in how this suggestion was received. I once again had a battery of multiple projects to process and experienced the same frustration of having to specify the coordinate system every single time.

It actually feels somewhat like having to specify the use of metric instead of imperial in a CAD software - which is fine if you live somewhere where they use imperial!

But we don’t do that here.

Regards,
Rory

Hi Rory,

Unfortunately, this ability won’t be implemented in Pix4Dmapper. However, Pix4Dmatic has the desired logic. You can learn more about this product here and on our knowledge base.

Best