Pix4Ddesktop - unable to start. File corrupted!

Hello there,

Pix4Ddesktop is unable to start. The error message always appears:

“File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won’t work anymore.”

I have tried recomendations from the post [https://community.pix4d.com/t/7275-pix4dmapper-exe-File-corrupted] and with different versions 4.1.25 and 4.4.12 (downloaded form Pix4D official web), but with the same error message. Only Pix4D application can’t run successfully.

System spec.: Windows 10 1809 Enterprise, Carbon Black Defense v3.4.0.842, user account does not have admin rights.

BR, Alex

Hi,

As mentioned in the private message, your antivirus software might be interfering with the installation process. Can you try the following to make sure that you have a clean start?

• First, ensure that there is no current version installed.

1.  In the Windows Search bar, type _ program  _and select Add or remove programs in the Settings list.
2. Scroll to find Pix4D Desktop and click the application if it exists.
3. Click _Uninstall _if it exists.

• After you have ensured that there are no versions installed do the following.

Sometimes, there are leftovers folders. Please check that the files below do not exist: 
1. On the path where Pix4D desktop (Pix4Dmapper) is installed: C:\Program Files\Pix4Dmapper make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder.
2.  On the following path: C:\Users\Your_USERNAME\AppData\Local\pix4d make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder.
3. C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\pix4dmapper make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder. (THIS WILL DELETE ANY EXISTING PROJECTS SO MAKE SURE TO BACK THEM UP INTO A SEPARATE FOLDER)
4.  On Windows Search bar type _ regedit  _and then search for the folder stored in the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pix4d and make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder.
5.  Restart the computer. 

• Download the installer, then temporarily disable your antivirus software for installation. 
  • Install Pix4Dmapper according to the instructions HERE
  • If possible, add Pix4D to the whitelist of trusted programs in your antivirus software. 

Cheers,

Teodora

I have followed all of these steps and I’m still not able to access the program. This message keeps appearing.

Our system shows that you were able to use the trial version of PIX4Dmapper. Have you made any changes since then? Any information you could give would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Having this same issue with Pix4Dmapper & carbon black. The executable is whitelisted however I believe there is some process it tries to run that is being denied by carbon black.

Hi mmarchetta,
Try to create a bypass rule for C:\Program Files\Pix4Dmapper\pix4dmapper.exe The bypass rule is different then whitelisting within Carbon Black. That seems to do the trick for other users.