Pix4D launch error WIN10

Hello,

I have downloaded the trial pix4D mapper desktop program (3 versions found on the Pix4D website actually) and when it successfully installs, it fails to launch the program.

I am running WIN10 64bit.

the Pix4D.exe error I get is shown in screen capture below:

Thanks,

Mike

I forgot to mention.  I downloaded the Pix4D.msi to my desktop and am installing to my local C Drive.

Dear Michael,

I have already replied to you personally, but I think that it worth to share the solution with the community.

This looks like maybe your antivirus software may be interfering with the installation process. What antivirus software do you have installed? Can you try the following to make sure that you have a clean start?

• First, ensure that there is no current version installed.

1.  In the Search Windows type, type program and select Add or remove programs in the Settings list.
2. Scroll to find Pix4D Desktop and click the application if it exists.
3. Click Uninstall if it exists.

• After you have ensured that there are no versions installed do the following.

Sometimes, there are leftovers folders. Please check that the files below do not exist: 
1. On the path where Pix4D desktop (Pix4Dmapper) is installed: C:\Program Files\Pix4Dmapper make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder.
2.  On the following path:  C:\Users\Your_USERNAME\AppData\Local\pix4d  make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder.
3.  C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\pix4dmapper make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder. (THIS WILL DELETE ANY EXISTING PROJECTS SO MAKE SURE TO BACK THEM UP INTO A SEPARATE FOLDER)
4.  On windows the search bar type:  and then search for the folder stored in the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pix4d and make sure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmapper folder.
5.  Restart the computer. 

• Download the installer at the link below then temporarily disable your antivirus software for installation. 
  • Install the latest version of Pix4D Desktop using the instructions HERE
  • If possible add Pix4D to the whitelist of trusted programs in your antivirus software.

Regards,