Pix4Dcapture not triggering camera

Hi!

Yesterday I ran 4 missions a second time. Whilst the first time every mission ran smoothly this time the Software seems to have skipped quite some pictures.

Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Samsung Galaxy S7
Grid: 300x300
Alt: 200m (Yes I am allowed)
BUT: 3 Degrees Celsius (was it simply too cold?)
Everything updated.

I also lost contact to the drone for the very first time (after MANY missions) althought the drone continued her path correctly. Needless to say that i aborted the mission via RC - through pushing “ABORT” there was no response.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Phil

Hi Phil,
The Phantom 4 Advanced drone is not compatible with the Pix4Dcapture app that is the reason you might be having the issue. For more information about supported drones and camera, I would recommend you to go through our support article on Supported drones, cameras, and controllers.

My mistake!
It is of course a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

Best regards,
Phil

Hi Phil,

It looks like the issue is related to the connection between the drone and the controller, not the app itself. It happens if your remote controller signal is blocked by some objects and so on. However, even if you lost the connection, the drone is supposed to continue and end the mission and then automatically land on the take-off location if your home point is set before the flight.

Issues related to the skipped image during the image acquisition might also be related to the connection issue. It might happen due to the connection lost, the image capture location is not sent by drone to the remote controller/Pix4Dcapture app, and it is not reflected on the app. So, the app thinks no image was captured, whereas it is there when you import it to the Pix4Dmapper software.

For most of the issue, I would suggest you go through all the basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered if properly followed.

Hi Kapil!

The pictures are really missing - have a look yourself. Its a screenshot from the Pix4Dmapper/Map View.
misssing_pictures

The strange thing is that i flew the same missions before standing at the exact same position - not a single picture missing covering 1600km². Clear view for 3 km.

The single thing that was different was the temperature…I ran out of other ideas. I know the “basic checks and troubleshooting steps” by heart! :slight_smile:

Can a railway overhead line thats nearby cause such strong interferences?

Best Regards,
Phil

Hi Phil,

This type of behavior is not common with Android version of the Pix4Dcapture app because the images are captured based on the time lapse. As you mentioned that the behavior didn’t occur for the first time, so it is likely it is the affect of the some external factors such as low temperature, railway lines or the unstable connection.

Hi Kapil,

thanks for your support!

Regards, Phil

Hi!

Is the 150m limit still a thing?

Pix4D max Altitude

Regards

Hi Phil,

As you already said that you have been flying at 200 m so that is not the thing anymore. You can set the altitude up to 500 m using the Pix4Dcapture software. However, you would definitely need the authorization to fly at that altitude.

OK. Thanks

I am having the same problem. From March 2019 till October 2019 surveyed same area without loosing images. Suddenly from November 2019 till now gaps appearing in image acquisition.

Am using Phantom 4 Pro and android on Galaxy A6 tab.

Tried everything suggested to correct but no success

Henk

Hi Henk,

The behavior you are describing has not been reported to us so far especially for android device. As a first step, I would suggest you go through all the basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered if properly followed.

Thanks,
Kapil

Hi Kapil,

So I had a similar problem with my phantom 4 and Parrot Sequoia Plus camera and android phone. It sounds like from the link you gave that the only way to get the Sequoia to take pictures is to set the time lapse. Correct? Taping the capture button will do nothing because it is a non-DJI camera on a DJI phone. If you can confirm this it would be helpful. Thanks Jen

1 Like

Hi @jischmidt,

The only way to capture images is by using the time-lapse or the overlap option available in the Sequoia camera. Tapping the capture button won’t do anything.

Best,

Good day. Uisng Pix4D Capture why would the Phantom4Pro skip images as per attached image. The same project site has been flown 30 times previously without any such problems. This started about 6 months ago. Please help

Have you tried using a different flight plan app? We are having same problem with our DJI P4P but we are using Litchi. This weekend we are going to try Pix4Dcapture and DJI Pilot and see if we have the same issue. We initially were having 2 to 4 photos being dropped out usually after around 10 to 15 photos taken starting since 6 to 8 months ago. However this week its even worse, soon as the drone goes out of signal range, it stops taking photos altogether, completes the mission and it resumes taking photos when ever it comes back in rage. We will see if we have same issue with Pix4Dcapture and DJI Pilot app. This is the area it missed

Hello,

The behavior you are describing has not been reported to us so far especially for android devices. As a first step, I would suggest you go through all the basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered if properly followed.
The other common reason for non-uniform image acquisition is the loss of the connection during the flight.

Regards,

There is a problem when using PIX4D capture.

We used Phantom 4 pro to perform grid shooting for shooting.
[Pix4Dcapture Android 8.1.0]

After acquiring the data, I checked the location of the image on the PIX4D mapper, and it was taken without uniformity as shown below, and I was able to check the blank area.

Why do the following problems arise?

Is it a software defect of PIX4D capture?

Hi @kim_minsu,

The behavior you are describing has not been reported to us so far. As a first step, I would suggest you go through all the basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered if properly followed.

Regards,

Hi, I’ve aproblem in fhoto acquisition. Using Mavic 1 pro and iPad sometimes the shooting grid is not uniform. As far the drone go far from home the lacking in shooting increase. It happens sometimes, not ever.
Any suggestion?
Thank you