[Pix4Dcapture iOS 2.2.0] Feedback and experience

Hello Pix4D members and iOS users,

We are glad to announce a new version of iOS Pix4Dcapture!

What is new

• Upgrade to DJI SDK 4.2.2.
  • Save mission in Map view.
  • Duplicate mission in Project view.
  • GSD estimate displayed at flight planning.
  • Camera view on the Map view during flight. User can toggle between full view and small overlay mode.

More here: 

Please use this post to share your experience with other users and us.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Pix4D Support Team

The app crashes during camera initialisation on iPad Pro 9.7"/128GB and Mavic Pro.

There is an issue when you want to program a mission previously and before make it: the satllite vision disappears when you drag the area over the site. Another issue is that the app gives an error (an orange triangle with an eclamation mark) if the area is too far from where you are and you want simulate the mission previously.

@Thorsten,

This is a known issue that happens if you open a saved mission and try to fly it with DJI Mavic. It should work if a new mission is created. 

@Antonio,

We were not able to reproduce the disappearing satellite map issue. Could you post a screenshot that depicts the issue?

The warning “Too far” is mainly for security reasons, to prevent an accidental launch of a mission when the grid is too far away and it is also limited to prevent connectivity losses. Try to select the Ignore homepoint option in the settings.

Teo missione two failures: the camera stops triggering photos and I need to abort the missions. Really a disaster!

The first time was on e e of July, the second yesterday: a complete disaster!

I’ve saved a mission the day before on my iPad 4 mini and yesterday I’ve launched it: no little icon of camera has appeared on screen and no photo has been take

@Antonio

I replied to your request, but feel free to continue the discussion here.

Using a phantom 4, each flights photos are over writing the previous missions photos on SIM card. Has caused a lot of headaches and having to refly my missions, now I’m forced to Backup my photos from each flight prior flying another flight.

I can not get the app to open anymore. Click on the app, main screen pops up. Try to click anything else, app crashes. Also when I could get it to work when it was first released it would fly the mission with the camera rotated 225± degrees around at an angle.

Hi everyone, please post any technical issue as a new post in the  Image acquisition topic. This will enable us to more efficiently follow-up with you. If there are any recommendations or feedback for Pix4Dcapture in general, feel free to post in the topic  Product feedback with Pix4Dcapture in the title. 

I will close this post. Thank you!