Pix4D survey showing Unknown Error while trying to import .las file

I am trying to import a “las” file but I got the following Error:
Analyzing 1 LAS file…
Unknown Error: Unknown Error

I am not sure why the error shows up and it comes without any further explanation. I have tried to import this LAS file into pix4D cloud and it works.

Hi @kaho,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community :handshake:.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues during the import of the .las file into PIX4Dsurvey.

Can you please tell me how you generated the .las file?

Cheers,
Daniele

Nice to hear from you!!
So my .las file is generated from a vehicle mapping system including LiDAR, GNSS and cameras. I tried to put this las file onto Pix4D cloud and it works, but it is not the case in Pix4D survey.
I checked my las file version to be 1.4.

Hi @kaho,

I see you are also in contact with a colleague of mine (Yuka).

It seems that the problem lies in the fact that the point cloud is in a geocentric Coordinate Reference System (CRS). This is not yet supported in PIX4Dsurvey.

Please export your .las file using a projected CRS.

You can open a PIX4Dsurvey feature request thread requesting for support for geocentric CRS.

Cheers,
Daniele

I created las file using another program for processing drone data. A couple of days ago everything worked fine. I inserted las file without problems. Now it doesn’t work. I installed the new version 1.54.1 but I still get the unknown error notification.

Hi @lucija.lisjak,

Thank you for your message.

Are you referring to the same .las that worked previously and you can’t import it anymore using PIX4Dsurvey 1.54.1?

Found the solution but I don’t know why I have to do that now.
I’m from Croatia. I work with HTRS96 (horizontal) and HVRS71 (vertical) CRS. Couple of days ago when I wanted to import my las file I selected known CRS. But now it doesn’t work. I have to select Arbitrary CRS and then it imports.
Tried to import the same las every time…

Hi @lucija.lisjak.

Thank you for the additional information.

It seems that HTRS96 is also geocentric, and therefore not supported in PIX4Dsurvey yet.

You can open a PIX4Dsurvey feature request thread requesting for support for geocentric CRS.

Kind regards,
Daniele