Import Error on Point Cloud

Hello:
Im getting a import error on the LAZ file Im trying to import for processing contours. Im thinking on adding pix4D Survey to my workflow but cannot manage to import LAZ file to it.

Heres a screen shot of the error.

Hi,
probably it’s the LAS version:
https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032925351-Inputs

Point clouds made with Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dmatic, laser scanners, LiDAR or other third-party tools
Version 1.2 and lower

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Elvin,

As @joan.cano mentioned, the error you get is probably related to the .las version. For example, the import of .las files version 1.4 is not yet supported.

We are already working on it and the support for .las version 1.4 will be added in one of the future releases. Make sure to follow Pix4Dsurvey technical release notes to get the latest updates.

Best,

Hi every one,
Why Pix4d is unable to re-import a *.Las Point Cloud file. while it has itself exported ???
The files aren’t visible in the import box.

Hi @fabrice.lejay,

which version of PIX4Dsurvey are you using? Could you share a screenshot of what you see after reimporting the file?

Could you share the .las file that you try to import?

Best,

Hi Blaz,

In fact I use PIX4D Mapper not Survey…
I did a mistake on the topic choice.
After a point cloud export from PIX4DMapper I can’t re open the export in Pix4D. The files aren’t visible in the import dalogbox.
I’ve tried with another LAZ file ( generated with cloudcompare), I see the file in the import dialogbox. But after clicking on the file, I don’t see the point cloud in PIX4D.

How do you import the point cloud generated in Pix4Dmapper:

• By Drag and dropping the point cloud file into the left sidebar, in the section Layers , in the layer Point Clouds, or
  • Clicking Process > Import Point Cloud for DSM Generation…?

Please also have a look at the following documentation:

Best,