Pix4D Mavic 2 Processing Issues

Daniel, 

We’re paying $350 / month for this software. Having to use a workaround that one of the users came up with is totally unacceptable! “A fix will be released next year…” Does that mean Q1, Q2, Q3…  Many of us use drone surveys as a source of income, to have this issue treated like a free phone app. update is infuriating! I’ve stopped my subscription until there is a fix and will probably move on to one of your competitors if this doesn’t get rectified very soon. 

2 Likes

completely in accordance with CBW. this situation is not acceptable. We work with your tool, trusting in working with the best and it turns out that we are wrong. First they said it was a DJI problem then it was a processing problem. We pay for a service that we understand should satisfy the customer. specify a date to solve this problem.

1 Like

Pix4D had better get this sorted, top image is the same data from my Mavic 2 Pro that has successfully made a map that failed miserably on Pix4D shown in second pic. I fail to see how this can be blamed on the drone.

Steve, What software did you use in the first image?

Isaac… That’s Drone Deploy. First I lost $350 waiting for pix4D to solve this problem. Because of the automatic renewal I got another charge. Right now the second subscription it’s on hold just waiting for this fix. The moment I saw that Pix4Dcapture supported the Mavic2pro I bought the license. I have lost time and to this date $700 with no positive results. I feel horribly cheated!!!  I’m still waiting for a serious answer from Pix4D and I expect a refound for the first month at least!

Juan is correct,

Drone deploy wont give the outputs our business needs but it shows that there is nothing wrong with the M2P as Pix4D seem to be suggesting…

You are right Steve

More info…

Pix4D cloud has just returned with a model built on the same data set that seems OK. Might be worth other people with the issue trying this?

(not a long term solution for us, we built a monster processing PC for a reason)

Hello,

Is there an updated timeframe on this patch?

If the patch won’t be available in the next 20 days I really need to know as I will be cancelling my $350/mo subscription until the software supports the drones I fly

Hello everyone,

A new Pix4Dmapper release (4.4.9) is out including a fix for the DJI Mavic 2 wrong geolocation.

Please see the official comment for more information.

Regards.

Hello, Could you tell us when the Cloud version will take into account this evolution, because for the moment the Cloud does not work even applying the latest patches of the Mavic 2 Pro software thank you in advance

Hello,

You are right, if you process on the cloud, it will use release 4.3. You need to create the p4d file in the 4.4.9 desktop version before uploading to the cloud to get the right coordinates.

Regards.

Trial verison is allow to upgrade. There in no option to do that.

Please advise

Wilson A

Hello Wilson,

Yes, a trial license can be upgraded, just log out , download the software here, and log in again.

Regards.

The proposed solution is a real trash. One of the main reasons for contracting the service is to work in the cloud and the cloud has not implemented the improvement. Really incredible, I did not expect this from PIX4D and even less when the solution has been implemented for months in other software. sultry.

Hello Isaac,

If you want the fix to work, you need to upload to the cloud using 4.4.9 desktop version.

Regards.

Hello Daniel,

Why I must to do a previous step?

Why I need to install desktop version, open the project and send to the cloud?

Why I can’t upload directly into cloud?

For this reason I said is a bad solution when you must process more than 1000Ha per week.

We don’t want previous steps.

Hello Isaac and everyone else,

From now on, the cloud will also use 4.4.9 so the Mavic 2 fix will be taken into account.

Please note that 4.4.9 is a preview and not a stable version and we could get back to the latest stable version (4.3.31) in case we find something which is not working fine.

We would notify it through this post. Our policy states that the version which is used on the cloud is the most stable one, that is why up to know 4.3.31 was the version used.

Best regards.

Greetings all!  I’ve got a time sensitive project next week to image a few miles of a drained canal.  While we have a few older drones, I thought grabbing a mavic 2 pro might ease the pix4D process.  Unfortunately I’m not getting ANY GPS coordinates (right, wrong or otherwise) in my EXIF data.  I realize it’s more of a mavic question, but since it’s so related to this topic (and my solution) does anyone know why this might be happening?  I’m running the latest firmware 1.00.03.00.  Thanks for any tips sent my way!

EDIT - Apparently Beginner mode blocks GPS coords. I’ve turned it off and I’ve got GPS coordinates in the EXIF.  I’m still having other issues with processing, but the GPS situation seems to be fixed now.

Daniel,

It’s incredible that 7 months later Pix4D hasn’t solved the problem. This is a big company that can dedicate time and resources to finally solve this issue.

All the projects done with Mavic 2 are wrong (50 polygons). We are losing a USD$5,000 project because of this issue. Money that was going to be destined to renew our one year license, is now going to solve this problem with another software.

I have done many tests: flew with Pix4dcapture, without and with the .p4d mission file as recommended in the blog (https://community.pix4d.com/t/7215-Pix4D-Mavic-2-Processing-Issues?page=1#community_comment_360002731832), with Map Pilot and GroundStationPro (DJI), processed with Pix4d Mapper versions 4.4.9 (until useless because of Windows 10 restrictions!!!); 4.4.10, and in the cloud. Results are the same: a flat cloud, with more than 99% camera optimization error in almost all cases and a useless orthomosaic. You can check the results from the cloud in the following link:

https://cloud.pix4d.com/pro/project/450683?shareToken=f708f998-aabb-4cda-85b4-fa5776c50ad8

Even the projects with a “good” report have a terribly wrong orthomosaic, useless for measuring and for our project.

In this page from the support site are mentioned the drones that are supported by Pix4Dcapture:

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/203991609–Android-iOS-Which-drones-are-supported-by-Pix4Dcapture

However, this is not the same with Pix4Dmapper. Shouldn’t it be the same support for both softwares? What’s the use of having compatibility with Capture app if I have to use another software for processing? Pix4D is lying by telling that Mavic 2 is compatible, it isn’t. Be more responsible about your information. People is buying drones and software based on this. Now, how are you going to help your users/clients? Just apologizing? Apologies don’t pay equipment and licenses!