Pix4D desktop crashes with 400 RGB photos

I have problems to process RGB data taken with Sequoia camera (400 photos), the monitor controller crashes. I could finish my project with 44 photos taken with a P3S camera.  On the other side, Pix4D processed without any problem 1600 multispectral photos taken with the Sequoia. 

Today I made the update to Pix4D 3.3.13, but the problem persists.

Anyone had the same issue en resolved it?

Thanks for your help

This is the error message I get:

Firma con problemas:

Nombre del evento de problema:    APPCRASH

Nombre de la aplicación:                  pix4dmapper.exe

Versión de la aplicación:                    3.3.13.0

Marca de tiempo de la aplicación:   594254a0

Nombre del módulo con errores:     nvoglv64.DLL

Versión del módulo con errores:      22.21.13.8205

Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores:    59079236

Código de excepción:                        40000015

Desplazamiento de excepción:         0000000000fb03ce

Versión del sistema operativo:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Id. de configuración regional:          2058

Información adicional 1:                   0a56

Información adicional 2:                   0a56e92f2428f2efec90c3ea9821999b

Información adicional 3:                   756b

Información adicional 4:  756b79acf4949ca613fd10ed0979821d

I am not an expert, but I’m wondering if maybe it’s your computer crashing and not the software crashing? Is it possible you need more RAM or a faster video card/ GPU (graphics processing unit)?

Hello Matthias, Hello Ty,

As Ty mentioned, we would also suspect that the hardware might cause the crash. Please make sure you have enough RAM available as you will see in this article and that all the drivers are up to date. 

You can also send us the Log file, the Quality Report and the configuration of your computer (Amount of RAM memory, GPU used, GPU driver version, CPU used, available hard disk space) by submitting a request here

Best Regards, 

Thank you very much Ty and Pix4D support.

My desktop has these characteristics:

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHz max 3.60 GHz

Memory: 20GB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GT730 2GB OpenGL 4.4

SSD: 200 GB

HDD: 1TB 

64 bits

Windows 7 Ultimate

Hey Matthias,

I suggest you update the GPU to the latest 384.94 driver from the NVIDIA page here.

Have you tried to disable the CUDA processing in the processing options? You can give it a try and process the project again. To disable it > Processing options > Resources and notifications. Check herefor more info. 

Make sure the available RAM is 20GB and not the total one. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi Marili, 

my GPU is updated, and I also followed your other recommendations. But nothing changed. I can process 1600 multispectral images, but every project using RGB images (even 40) results in PIX4D crash. 

Greetings

Matthias 

Hey Matthias, 

Let’s have a more close look at the log file of your project. 

Please submit a support request here and send the project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log and_ the project file (.p4d): …\project_name.pd4_

Additionally, send the following: 

1. Click the Windows Start icon and type  System Information. Select the application in the list above.

2. In the application, click  File > Save… and export the content.

3. Attach the file your_file.nfo to the reply. 

Hello everyone, I have the exact same problem with the exact same nvidia gt730… did you guys found a solution to this? Do I need to change my graphic card?!

Hi, finally I bought a new Nvidia GTX1050ti, upgraded it to 32GB RAM, bought a new power supply (but still have my old Intel Core i5-2500). All together allows me now to process 400 RGB Photos. It still sometimes crashes, but in general works fine.

Best regards

Hi Pix4D and those with random crashes. I am not sure if I should start a new ticket or add here. I have the same problem with random crashing in version 4.3.31.0 I am finding this annoying as I am only reprocessing projects that I have already run successfully. I have updated my NVIDIA Geforce 1080 Ti (11GB) to the latest drivers but the issue persists. It seems to be associated with nvoglv64.dll v25.21.14.1735. The workstation was built for Pix4D and is balanced, I checked the RAM for errors, I have over 200GB SSD for processing and CPU is fine under load also. I am able to process the same projects with Agisoft on a much lower spec laptop albeit at a slower rate. I believe this is not a hardware issue for the reason that I have processed these projects previously without crashing. If you would like logs, event files etc I am more than happy to send.

Below are the CPU and RAM specs. The projects are not large enough to cause problems (700-800 sequoia camera rig stations) 250-500 12Mpix RGB.

Best regards,

Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew, 

The best practice would be to submit a ticket to Pix4D Support and send us all the necessary files that we could investigate the issue properly. 

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log
▸ The project file (.p4d): …\project_name.p4d
▸ A screenshot of the error pop-up or at least content of the message. (if any)

Additionally, please send us the machine specs:

1. Click the Windows Start icon and type System Information. Select the application in the list above.
  2. In the application, click File > Save… and export the content.
  3. Attach the file your_file.nfo to the reply.

If you can reproduce the issue - at the moment of crash please go to:

1. Start search bar and type Event Viewer.
  2. Then Windows Logs -> Application / System -> Filter by Error.
  3. Verify if an error was logged during or just before the time of the crash and send us a screenshot of this view.

It will give us some insights on what is exactly happening with hardware because in the log file we can see what the software does. It also sometimes gives further insights into the application or software.

Best!

1 Like

Andrew,

I have identical CPU and GPU (and similar SSD) specs as what you have. I’m following this thread in case there’s an obvious solution to a crashing Pix4D 4.3.31 (as I’m experiencing the same thing).

In case it helps: I had success running projects via the command line interface in Pix4D 4.2.27 for projects that would otherwise crash Pix4D when run via the desktop GUI. The command line interface isn’t available in Pix4D 4.3.31, so one thing I might try is to roll back the Pix4D version that I’m using and try the CLI instead…

Here are some of the details of how I came to the CLI solution: https://community.pix4d.com/t/7060–Desktop-Pix4Dmapper-4-2-27-slow-step-3-processing-with-full-CPU-usage-

Good luck!