Pix4D Capture Pro and "virtual sticks"

I’ve had good success using Pix4D Capture Pro with my DJI Mini 3 Pro.

This used the “Build A” version - and this require using “virtual sticks”.

As I understand it - “virtual sticks” missions are running on the controller - and the app on the controller is actively operating the drone. Among other things, this means that a connection must be maintained between the drone and the controller.

I actually had a situation where the Pix4D Capture Pro app on the phone with my controller stopped. The drone simply stayed in place. It didn’t trigger a loss of connection failsafe because the controller was still communicating with the drone. All I had to do was restart the app on the phone - and then I could continue to operate. No problem.

I’m thinking of buying a DJI Mavic 2 Pro because of it’s 1-inch sensor 20-MP camera. From what I can tell, this drone works with the normal Pix4D Capture Pro app - not the special Build-A or Build-B versions.

My question is this: When not using “virtual sticks” version, does the drone have the mission uploaded to it so that it operates autonomously?

If so - can failsafes be configured so that if there’s a loss of connection between the drone and the controller that the drone continues on with the mission?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,
We are happy that you had a good experience with the Mini 3 Pro so far.

My question is this: When not using “virtual sticks” version, does the drone have the mission uploaded to it so that it operates autonomously?

Yes, the mission is uploaded to the drone at the beginning of the mission and it operates autonomously

If so - can failsafes be configured so that if there’s a loss of connection between the drone and the controller that the drone continues on with the mission?

The drone will continue the mission until the end in case of loss of connection. Once finished, you can configure what the drone will do in case of loss of connection (RTH, Land or Hover)

Just to clarify regarding build:
Build B is for newer drones (supported by DJI SDK v5), so DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Build A is for legacy drones (supported by DJI SDK v4), so DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

José