Pix4D Capture not recognizing SD card DJI XT thermal camera

I have a DJI Inspire 1 with DJI XT v2 thermal camera.  Latest firmware and ios versions have been uploaded to the Inspire, XT, and iPad.  The problem is that Pix4D capture won’t take pictures when doing a mission.  I fails to recognize the SD card at all.  I’ve tried dozens of SD card from 2GB to 32GB that were formated on DJI Go, PC, Mac etc.  These same SD card are able to take images in GSPro and DJI Go, but in Pix4d Capture it fails.  During preflight checks and flight, it shows taking images, however, nothing is written.

Hello Mark,

The configuration you are using is supported by Pix4Dcapture so it should work.

I would have additional questions about this issue 

• Have you been able to fly using Pix4Dcapture in this configuration before?
  • Are you able to go through the takeoff checklist and flight despite the SD card is not recognize?

In the first time, I would suggest reinstalling the application from scratch:

Caution

The procedure below may imply data loss so we recommend to make a backup if there are important data saved. Connect the mobile device and use iTunes to backup files on your computer.

Re-install Pix4Dcapture from scratch

1. Uninstall Pix4Dcapture. On your mobile device go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Pix4Dcapture > Delete App.
  2. Re-install the latest version of Pix4Dcapture.
  3. (optional) Place the backup content back into the Pix4D folder to restore data.

Also, if possible I would suggest:

• Try the Android version of Pix4Dcapture
  • Try another drone with the same SD card to see if it can be properly recognized.

Best

@Mark

Did you ever get this to work? I had an issue with XT not writing images to card and resulted in data loss and site revisit. Was planning on switching to Pix4d but not if same issues persist.

Hi Ryan,

I would suggest you go through our basic checks and troubleshooting steps. If properly followed, it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered.
If using the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture and Fast mode to trigger pictures, the picture triggering relies on the connection between the drone and the remote controller, a stable connection with the drone should be effective all along the flight.

Best,