Pix4D Capture not compatible with DJI P4PV2 Remote ID

Just want to see if I understand this and if other have seen this. Last week DJI updated the firmware for the Phantom 4 Pro V2 to broadcast Remote ID. I’ve updated a Phantom 4 Pro V2 (Go4/Aircraft/RC) to the latest version and confirmed Remote ID opertions. However, Pix4D Capture will no longer control the drone, it won’t even take-off (with or without Go4 running in the background it seems). When I used Pix4D Capture Pro, it appeared to function with Remote ID and as expected.

Anyone else seen this, I assume it is due to Capture not being updated since 2021, so we will need to migrate to Capture Pro. for our Phantom 4 Pro V2’s.

Hi @esidronemap1

Yes, PIX4Dcapture is not being maintained.
You can use PIX4Dcapture Pro. To use the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2, you don’t need a paid license. However, you will be limited to Grid and Orbit mission types and you won’t have Professional features such as Offline maps and Terrain awareness.

More information here:

1 Like

I was able to use the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with the Pix4D Capture app prior to the latest RID firmware without any issues.
Since updating the firmware, the P4P will not launch with Pix4D Capture. In using Pix4D Capture Pro the P4P launched but only did one flight path of a double grid and then stopped and hovered.
This occurred multiple times with Pix4D Capture Pro.

Hi @olsonj,

Yes, this is correct, after the end of a mission, you need to manually press the return to home point button.

For the double grid mission the drone should have flown 4 flight paths on the north-south direction and then change to east-west flight path.

The drone flew the 1st leg of the 4 north-south flight paths and then stopped and would not continue. The mission had to be canceled because the mission would not complete.

Thank you for the additional information, @olsonj.

This is not expected. Are you flying near a No Fly Zone (NFZ)?
Can you share the log files with us?

The logs have been sent.

Hi @olsonj,

I confirm that we have received the logs. I have forwarded these to the product team.

Hi @olsonj,

Thank you for your patience.

From the logs, it seems it’s something related to geofencing. I’d suggest testing the mission (same shape, drone, and configuration) but in another place to see if that’s the issue.
We have seen some other times a slightly misplaced geofencing area causing these kinds of behavior. If that’s the case, try to update the FlySafe database until DJI fixes it, but that’s on them.

Let me know how the mission behaves outside of that area.

Kind regards,
Daniele

This issue was not limited to just the one location as attempts were made in multiple locations over the course of a few days.

The drone was up to date on the latest remote id firmware when the issues were experienced. I was able to roll back to the previous version of firmware in which the drone worked correctly with the app which resulted in restoration of function.

It appears that something with the latest remote id firmware is the culprit.

Outlook-dwcsuvr1.jpg

Hi @olsonj,

Thank you for your reply.

On every release, Pix4D updates the DJI SDKs to the latest version available to us. The latest version 1.3.0 (released some days ago) has an update for the iOS SDK, it should be working now.

Here we are limited by the SKM made available by DJI. For some reason they publish the firmware RemoteID updates way before the SDK update that supports it is published.

I suggest you not to install the new drome firmware immediately after it is released.

I am having the same or similar issue to @olsonj

I just installed Pix4DCapture Pro yesterday v 1.3.0 on a new iPad Mini (6th gen) to use with my Phantom 4 RTK. My aircraft and controller firmware were updated previously to provide RemoteID compatibility.

Running a mission in Pix4DCapture Pro the aircraft launches and climbs to mission altitude but then hovers for several minutes, then flies towards mission start point but stops partway there and hovers. Must abort the mission and RTL.

Hi @orstateparks,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community.

Was your same drone working fine in the same area with the previous drone firmware?

Yes, this is the same site that use for testing and practice and have many flight hours here.

I just tested using DJI Pilot on an Android 7.0 device with this aircraft and everything functioned normally.