Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Won’t Takeoff

I thought I’d share a perplexing issue I ran across yesterday using Pix4D Capture and my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. I was out surveying a 55 acre pea field for crop damage. After creating the flight plan in Pix4D Capture and uploading it to the aircraft all looked normal. When selecting start mission, I received the message “Taking Off”, however the aircraft did nothing. The propellers didn’t try to turn.

My troubleshooting included power cycling the aircraft, remote and tablet, taking the battery out of the aircraft for 5 minutes, trying my phone vs a tablet, and I’m sure a few other things I forgot about.

During this time I googled the problem and got no hits. I was at a loss. I finally decided to try and fly using the DJI Go4 app vs Pix4D. And guess what? I immediately received the message to calibrate the compass. Once I did, I was able to fly using Pix4D Capture.

Moral of the story, this basic aircraft message does not get picked up by Pix4D Capture. For this and any other oddities, don’t forget to boot up using DJI’s app to look at the aircraft’s health status.

2 Likes