orthomosaics of facades

Hello,

With Pix4Dmatic, would it be possible to have to make orthomosaics of facades like on Pix4dmapper?

Thanks in advance.

Hi topo3d,

Welcome to the community and thank you for the request!

Regards,
Jon

1 Like

Working with buildings, orthomosaics for facades would make pix4dmatic much more usefull to me, as well.

2 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Bonjour,

je viens de réaliser le modèle d’une église et je cherche à réaliser une orthophoto des façades.
Mais je ne comprend pas trop comment utiliser la vue de profil et Ă  quoi sert vraiment cet outil.
Pourriez vous m’indiquer s’il vous plaît la méthode pour obtenir ce résultat ?

Savez vous quand cette fonction sera disponible sur MATIC ou SURVEY ?

Je vous remercie par avance pour votre retour.

Bien cordialement.

Bastien

Thank you all for your feedback. I shared these with the product team.

Feel free to add any details, if any.

1 Like

Part of the problem lies with the way images are captured. High oblique and Low oblique shots will help the situation. Software along can’t do this. However, the edges of building look bad when processed. I have raised this issue before with tech support. Real estate clients want to have their building look good in 2D without icing effect.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback about the edges of the buildings. I shared this with the product team.
You’re right, it’s better to acquire the images in the best way possible according to the output needs.

More information can be found here:

1 Like

@drone-analytics @Chris_Putnam How will you use the orthofacade? Will you digitize on top of it in another program, or as an illustration? If the former is the case, could the profile tool in PIX4Dsurvey help you?

You can vectorize freely in the profile view, always in 3D. Its not the same as the ortho facade, but I wonder if it could help.

thanks,
Nate

1 Like

Hi Nate,

thank you very much for your feedback.
I have indeed tried this option but it is not enough for the use I would need.
Indeed, I want to have an ortho of the facade in order to be able to provide my client with a file with which he could inspect the facade to find possible defects and/or cracks for example and all this on a single file.

I take the opportunity to ask you another question, how to vectorize well for example, the stained glass windows of the church which have a rounded shape. By making a lot of successive points?

Is this function going to arrive very soon on SURVEY?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Bastien

Ceci est mon modèle sur MATIC, (photo ci dessus). Q’en penses tu ?
Maintenant voici mon modèle sur SURVEY.

Hello
@Nate_Moore
this could indeed help me but in general as far as we are concerned we deliver to the client a real ortho of facades in the background (and not a cloud of points) which does not seem possible for the moment with Matic or Survey.

similarly, with Mapper we could clean the cloud of points generated before making the orthophoto but with Matic/Survey we can clean the cloud with Survey but not generate the ortho
I saw that this question had already been asked in another topic, sorry

@drone-analytics
is it possible to know how you manage to have such clean edges of buildings?

@topo3d
Vous voulez parler au moment de la captation ou de la construction du modèle ?

Thanks for clarifying that. It’s true that a single high resolution orthofacade is a nice way to look at this. Does the client look at the original imagery too, or only on the orthofacade? I wonder whether getting some more angles/details from the original imagery can help in certain cases.

Hello drone analytics,
when we make an ortho of facades (or even a simple orthophoto in nadir), we obtain blurred areas around buildings at sharp edge.

@Pierangelo Rothenbuhler,

effectivement je livre également les images d’origines et cela permet plus de détails sur un point précis.
Le fait de pouvoir proposer l’ensemble de la façade par exemple, sur un seul plan, rend le projet plus lisible et permettrais de mieux se rendre compte de l’ampleur et de sa position sur projet.

Va t il y avoir une évolution prochainement dans MATIC pour proposer la réalisation d’orthofaçade ?

@topo3d,

tu utilises quel drone ? quel hauteur et distance pour tes orthos ?

Pour la photo ci-dessous (zone blanche en bas de la toiture), nous avons volé avec un Matrice 300 RTK + capteur P1 à une hauteur d’environ 25m avec 4 vols (2 vols en Nadir et 2 autres avec capteur à -20°):

@topo3d,

au vu de ta photo, je dirais que c’est peut être le manque de recouvrement.
Comme c’est en bout de ton ortho, il manque de correspondance entre les photos pour faire le bord du bâtiment vraiment net. C’est une piste il faudrait te le faire confirmer par le support.
Mais comme c’est une reconstruction via l’ensemble des photos, c’est normale qui est parfois une légère déformation.
Le blanc qui est sur le bord du bâtiment correspond peut être à une gouttière blanche ?
Si ce n’est pas indiscret pourquoi voler aussi bas avec le matrice ?

Pour ton vol, cartographie, tu cartographiés le cimetière ? Si oui, est ce que tu as d’autres déformations vers le centre de ton ortho ?

Si tu veux on peut se téléphoner pour en parler directement.