Is it possible to generate an orthophoto of a wall (vertical axe)

Hello,

I’m new to Pix4Dmatic, i use it to generate 3D models of bridges and retaing walls. I’d like to know if it’s possible to generate an orthophoto of a vertical surface as on the drawing below.

Thank you for your answers, have a good day !

Hi @louis.cossart,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community.

Unfortunately this is not possible at the current moment.
Please ask your request in this feature request thread:

Don’t forget to vote for it by clicking on the Vote button in the top-left corner of the thread :wink: .

Cheers

Hi, not sure if you have tried Pix4DCloud, but it is possible in that tool. I know I’m not answering your question, but here’s an option. Good luck!

Thank you for your answer ! I know you can take a screenshot on Pix4Dcloud but it’s not in orthographical view (“vue orthographique” in french, i’m not sure about the translation). Do you know if it’s possible to take a screenshot without the perspective ?

Ah, OK, now I understand your requirement. No, I do not believe that a orthographic projection can be produced. The rendered model is in a 3D space, with perspective etc.

I think you can generate what you need by exporting the point cloud to cloudcompare and then create the facade projection. You need to remove points that are behind the external wall, but there are youtube videos on how to do it. Might help?

1 Like

Do you know about the Orthographic view in PIX4Dmatic? You can right-click in the 3D view and select Orthographic view (alternatively, you can go to View > Orthographic view). Related to that, we plan to look into making a dedicated orthofacade creation tool in 2024.

Thanks i’ll try that !

Hello!

Any update on orthofacade tool? Any timeplan projection?

Hi @simon1, I don’t have a specific release date yet, but it’s high on our priority list for this year.

1 Like