No video feed after app update on Phantom 4

Hi we have been using the app constantly for years and this upgrade sent it all over the place as indicated in the string …
No video
No map
No update of where the UAV is
No indication of shots being taken
The speed has gone mad slow

It’s not your phantom

Michael

Michael May

+44 (0)7730 382188

Any updates on this app? I’d pay for a subscription if it meant it was guaranteed to work.

-ALL-
Looks like there was an update over night. I’ll be flying this morning. I’ll test the update and see if it worked.

Cheers Nathan update from anyone appreciated

Michael

Hi Nathan just FYI I can’t see an IOS update?

Michael

I’m showing an update to Version 4.12.1 at 200MB file size on both ios14 iPhone11Pro and iPad Mini (5th gen). I’m located in Tennessee, USA. Maybe it’s a regional thing on the release.

1 Like

Nathan in the time its taken between our emails I have an update!!

Fingers crossed

Michael

That’s great news for the update.

The app seems to work well for the planning stage but has anyone flown with it yet?

Thank you!

Hi I have duplicated some previous missions and they have doubled in time with the same settings applied the drone speed is way too slow for the missions.

Michael

Michael May

+44 (0)7730 382188

Hi all,

We have released the Pix4Dcapture 4.12.1 version which should fix the issue of live video feed. I would suggest you to update the software. For more information, visit (iOS) Pix4Dcapture release notes.

Regarding the drone speed, the minimum speed is changed to 0.1m/s, that is the reason you are having different flight time compared to your old mission. I would suggest you go to the setting and change the drone speed to Normal, Normal+, and Fast, then you should be able to fly faster.

Regards,

Hi! Thank you for the update! Re the speed we did trial a phantom and it flew the same speed whatever we set it at … it’s very windy here at the moment but will feed back with our findings.

Regards

Michael

Michael May

+44 (0)7730 382188

Hi Michael,

I would suggest you to update the new version of Pix4Dcpature and see if that helps. And also, when you test it, don’t test with the old mission, create a new mission from the beginning. Can you try the different settings and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Until Pix4D is working 100%, I’ll be using Ground Station Pro, it only works on iPad though. It’s a solid app and I haven’t had any issues with it yet. I think I still like Pix4D more (when’s it’s functional). Hope this keeps you up in the air until they get everything solid again.

Hi all,

I tested the Pix4Dcapture 4.12.1 version and all went well on my P4.
All issues seem to be resolved.

Thank you!

Hi we flew today too and only the speeds appear to have changed … just bumped them up and touch wood all ok …

Thank you for at last believing us PIx4d !!

Thank you all in the community of professional flyers for your help and contributions

Anyone out there needs anything in the UK please give us a call

Michael

Michael May

+44 (0)7730 382188