No camera view on iPad Mavic 2 Pro

Still having the same issue with the Mavic 2 Pro on an iPad Mini5 with Pix4D version 4.10. Also does not work on iPhone X with same version number. Have tried all suggestions in regards to force quitting DJI app, unplugging and plugging back in, turning off and on controller, never opening DJI app, deleting and reinstalling Pix4D. Nothing works. Still just a black screen for camera view. Missions fly just fine, but no live view. And there is nothing helpful in the basic troubleshooting steps in regards to this problem.

Kapil,
How can you and Pix continue to take that nonsense stance of “we cant replicate on out end” when user after user comes to this thread, reporting the exact same issues!?!? Its maddening and is forcing most of to look for alternative platforms.

If I take the exact same iPad and cable and connect to my Mavic 1, it works, when it doesn’t work on my Mavic 2. Clearly the issue is on Pix’s end, so fix it.

Hello @Jason_Zier,

We did the testing today and we were able to retrieve the Mavic 2 Pro video feed with the recent version of Pix4Dcapture on iOS. So, the issue shouldn’t be related to the app, I would always suggest trying the below methods to see if that is helpful.

1. Unplug - replug cable from RC to device
  2. Kill Pix4Dcapture and re-open
  3. Switch everything off and on

Regards,

I did the testing this weekend as well. Multiple flights in different locations. Tried turning everything off and on. Tried unplugging and plugging back in. Tried opening DJI, force quitting and opening Pix4d. Tried never opening DJI and only opening Pix4D. Tried quitting Pix4D and reopening. Could not get it to work on a single one of my flights. Even tried contacting customer support, who promptly told me that since I don’t PAY for Pix4D that they would not help me.

I have the same problem. Nothing works from this thread work.

• Black camera view
  • iPhone 6s latest iOS
  • latest app version from the app store

I am a programmer I can debug it for you, just let me know how :wink:

Same issue with my new Mavic 2Pro and iPhone. No video feed whatever I try. Works fine with my cousin’s Mavic Pro.

Skydio is coming out with “Scan 3D” soon.

Between Pix4D’s lack of support on this issue and the fact that there have been absolutely no improvements to the Capture App combined with DJI’s atrocious customer service, I’m looking forward to moving on from both of these vendors

After the list firmware update of Mavic2pro, pix4d mapper does not see the camera (during the flight) and does not capture images as programmed. I temporarily solved the problem by creating the flight plan with pix4d capture but shooting manually with DJIGo. There is no update for the IPad Pro (yet). Any ideas?

I tested it already on:

• iphone 6s
  • iphone 11 pro
  • ipad mini 5gen

Nothing works, as somebody mentioned it is probably problem with controller or drone itself.

I can help you debug issue, just let me know here!
I am professional programmer :slight_smile:

Hi @stiffler.to,

The issue is not probably related to the phone. It should be related to the drone itself. This behavior is random so it is difficult to find the actual cause of it. If you want to do the testing, I would suggest you try it on the multiple DJI Mavic 2 Pro drones. We tried to it on our side and the issue was not replicated.

Regards,

So, what is being done to resolve the issue on the drones that don’t work? I honestly could care less if it works on your end; as the paying customer of Pix4d, I only care about it NOT working on mine. I also only have one Mavic, so testing on others isn’t an option. Quite frankly as the vendor, it’s Pix4d’s responsibility to trouble shoot and fix the glitch, not the paying customers. There’s plenty of users reporting the same exact issue. FIX IT!!!

I had a similar experience with MAPPILOT before.
That software vendor ordered me to start up and restart the controller, the aircraft, and the iPad, plug and unplug it, but that didn’t work. I did the same thing over and over again after that, to no avail, however they launched an investigation into it. It was worth the wait and the MAPPILOT’s video feed is now shown correctly with M2P. They fixed it.BTW,my PIX4D Capture’s video feed is still black…

I’d be more than happy to swap Mavic 2 Pro’s with Pix4D since it cannot be replicated on your end. I have one that has yet to work correctly. Seems like a simple way for us to determine the differences in hardware. It has to be something on the hardware side of things, be it different FW or different components being used in the uav/controller.

Anyone with problems close to San Fran?

Jason,
Nothing is being done. That’s basically how this conversation has been going. They like to point out that they don’t see an issue so everything should be good. We CONSTANTLY tell them that we still have issues and they continue to say “no it’s good” or try these steps, which are the same steps that we have already pointed out are not working for us. And “paying customer”? haha. I reached out to Pix4D customer service about this issue before coming here. Since Capture is a free program, they absolutely refuse to help you through customer service. Instead they direct you here which, as we have seen, gets us no where. Never mind that many people pay to use their other apps, and Capture is how we collect data for those services. We don’t pay for Capture, so they basically don’t seem to care.

As Thomas pointed out, the best bet would be to contact some of the people with the problems so they could troubleshoot with a drone that is having problems. There are several of us to choose from who I am sure would be more than willing to assist in fixing this issue. Anything beats more of the same “try these steps that you have already said don’t work” replies.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m in the bay area with Mavic Pro2, Remote Controller, iphone8, and no video feed. I’ve tried the shut down/unplug/restart process and have not been successful in getting it to work yet.

Exactly! They could care less. I use Pix4D for motor vehicle crash reconstruction. Skydio is coming out with their own product, Scan3D, to directly compete with Pix4d. I spent 2 hrs on a Zoom call with the R&D, head of 1st responder department and even the CEO. This combined with the advanced autonomous flight capabilities of their drones over DJI’s, I cant wait to ditch both companies and their atrocious customer service.

They dont care about actually fixing the issue or they would have already.

Use exactly this procedure:

1. connect a telephone to the controller
  2. turn on pix4d on your phone
  3. turn on the controller
  4. turn on the drone

watch the video preview you should see it

if you turn on the drone driver and you will not have an image of the application

That doesn’t work. Same problem here. Tried with 2x mavics and 2x Ipads and same issue is replicated.

Here’s a screenshot, since the Pix4D team doesn’t seem to believe us. My M2P in flight on a BS mission, and look, no image. Another screenshot to show that I have no other applications open (ever. Closed everything before connecting and launching pix4d). Funny though, my Bebop 2 had a picture just fine on the same day with the same iPad. Hmm…