Black screen on mavic 2pro

We tried to use the mavic 2 pro for radial gates inspection and modeling using pix4dcapture. We’re using ng an android mobile phone. However, we only displays a black screen instead of a camera view. so we can’t what we are taking pictures of. we tried it with three different phones, but still it won’t work. camera view works in dji go 4 but not in pix4dcapture. and pix4dcapture had camera feed just early this year. so why is this happening? is there a problem with the settings?

Hi Regina,

The camera view for the Mavic 2 Pro has not been implemented on the Android version of Pix4Dcapture You can find back this information here. .It will be released in a future version.
In the meantime, if the camera view is very important for the flight plans you are making, I would suggest using the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture.

Best regards,

+1 for implementing camera view on mavic 2 pro. IT IS FUNDAMENTAL to control exposure. Unfortunately is very easy to touch the direct control wheel for exposure without notice on this specific bird, and it will ruin completely the work if you cannot monitor live the camera.
Is strange that video streaming does not work on Android, I supposed the app was fully supported on proprietary dji advanced smart controller, Which I think runs on android.

Hi Gael,
I’m using the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture.I got 2 devices,my Iphone7 and Ipad mini5, both upgrated the leatest version of Pix4Dcapture,and I still can’t get the camera view.
Could you do me a favorite for this?

Hi Sean and welcome on the community!
It has been reported by users and it has been confirmed on our side that the video live feed is not working properly anymore on the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture. This bug will be fixed in a next release.

Best,

1 Like

Hi Gael

i Have the same problem, the camera view is very essential for my work, when will the new version be released?

Good Afternoon,

Any progress on an Android update for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro Smart Controller video feed capabilities? I have had success with using Pix4d capture, but would really like to have the camera view while in mission.

Thank you
CT

I am having the same black screen problem on my Mavic 2 Pro as well. Is there a fix for this problem?

Any updates on when this will be fixed?

Hello @carrie,

The live video feed issue for DJI Mavic 2 Pro was fixed on our 4.7.0 version of (iOS)Pix4Dcapture. I would suggest you to update the app if you haven’t. If you still have some issues, I would always suggest trying the below methods to see if that is helpful.

1. Unplug - replug cable from RC to device
  2. Kill Pix4Dcapture and re-open
  3. Switch everything off and on

For android version of Pix4Dcapture, there is still an issue. The live feed works fine for the first time you open the video live feed. If you then minimize and reopen, you will loss the video live feed.

Regards,

Carrie L Greene

Director of Business Development

Commercial Industrial Roofing, Inc.

3601 121st Street SW

Lynnwood, WA 98087

Cell: (425) 754-0681

Office: (425) 423-0900

www.cir-roofing.com