No camera view on iPad Mavic 2 Pro

Hi all,

I am having the exact same issue: I am flying a Mavic 2 Pro with the latest firmware and using the Pix4D Capture app to fly my projects. The app is successfully flying the projects and taking the photos. I am using an Ipad Mini. My map view is showing up fine on my screen but I’m not seeing the view through the camera.

Did you find a solution for this issue?

Regards 

I have the same issue, it seems to stem from having opened the DJI GO app for me. If I power everything down (controller + mavic 2 pro) and do not open DJI go, the camera view works just fine in Pix4D. Alternatively, if you force close DJI GO, and unplug phone/device from remote, reconnect it and lauch Pix4D, camera view seems to be back. Good luck!

I’ve heard of this fix working for other but unfortunately it doesn’t for my machine. Also, @kapil, I just saw your previous message. I’ll try to extract those files and get them to you shortly.

I am also having the same issue.The camera’s video feed is still blank.

Add 1 more to the list with the black video feed bug.

Hi guys, 

It’s same issue for me, I try to close, uninstall, reinstall, etc… nothing change, i’m not able to see anything.

As it was mentionned already, app is working to plan fly with taking photos, only camera view is still black.

I’m using cristal sky and mobile device (Xiaomi mi mix 2s on android) depending situation with a Mavic2Pro, problem is present on both devices.

Best regards.

Same issue here.
Mavic 2 Pro, Galaxy 9 phone and latest firmware.

Tried all that is suggested on this page but camera is still black.

Works fine in DJI Go.

Same issue. Mavic 2Pro and iPad pro. Latest app version, iOS and drone/ controller firmware.

Hello Jason, hello all,

This behavior has been confirmed by our developers. The issue will be solved when Pix4Dcapture will be updated with the latest DJI mobile SDK in the next release. However, I can not provide any timeline about the release.

In the meantime, I recommend being very cautious when flying the Mavic 2 Pro using Pix4Dcapture or using another third-party application in which the camera view is available.

Best,

UPDATE: This is an issue with the Mavic controller. I purchased a new drone from the same BestBuy and had the exact same issue as previous. Decided to get a new controller from eBay and it worked perfectly with new and old drone. Tried the “bad” controllers with other drones that work and they had the same issues. I’m confident this is a remote issue.

Hello,

The current status is:

• On iOS, a bug has been reported and there is no video live feedback at the moment using Pix4Dcapture and the Mavic 2 Pro. It will be fixed in a future release.
  • On Android, the video live feed on the Mavic 2 Pro has not been implemented and it is not in our pipeline to implement it for now.

Best,

I am having this on a friends Mavic 2 pro that I borrowed for the day. i phone, i pad, samsung 8" tab all having no video on pix4d capture but dji app works fine on all of these. I don’t recall version numbers unfortunately but as of today all are at the latest version. Have used the pixcapture with success in the past on dji phontom and inspire with no video issues. I tried multiple different cables on all devices and still no luck.
hope there is an update soon because I really like the pixcapture app over the other apps.

I did allow the full flight to run and no video showed up at any point. I did a 3d grid and a free flight. Tried unplugs, reboots of all and so on.

Thanks developers for looking into this.

Cheers.
Shawn

3 months later an still no resolution. Unacceptable!

I also have the same issue.I have just updated to the latest version today but the camera’s video feed has not displayed correctly yet.

Think about the people back in 2018 with this issue. That first post was October 2018, not 2019. Yikes.

Just upgraded a Mavic Pro to the Mavic 2 Pro only to have this issue myself. Did all firmware updates etc. to no avail. What’s worse was I purposely bought the M2Pro without the Smart Controller after reading the threads of struggles with that playing nice with Pix4D Capture!

Hi All,

I would recommend you all to update the Pix4Dcaputre to the newest version 4.7.0. The bug related to the live feed for iOS devices has been fixed in this version. However, there have been some issues reported by the users using the android version. The live feed is only working for the first time you click the camera icon.

Regards,

Just saw that update in iOS this morning. We hope to try and fly today and test.

We just tried the updated iOS app on our end with no luck. Same black box. After the update and numerous reboots with no luck we tried completely uninstalling Pix4D Capture and trying again. No luck.

Now we no longer have any of the projects from that iOS device. No big loss there as we catalog that info but just a word of warning to others. You delete and reinstall the app and those individual project settings are gone (and it still didn’t solve the problem.)

ETA:
Latest firmware on aircraft.
Latest firmware on controller.
Latest OS on phone. (11 Pro)
Latest build of Pix4DCapture.

Same here.
Updated app and tried; same black box. Uninstalled app, rebooted and STILL same old black box. Thanks for nothing Pix!

Still same black box on ios after update.