New DJI Smart Controller

Hi,
Is there a new solution that works? I installed the v1.9.9 and Capture 4.10 but can’t connect to the mavic 2 pro with smart controller.
Does someone has a setup that works?
Any alternative that might work on the smart controller?

Regards

Hi,
I did several test with various version of CTRL+DJI and Pix4dCapture.
It came out that the last release don’t work and CTRL+DJI can’t connect drone.
Using 1.9.8 and 4.9.0 is a working solution for me. (not 1.9.9 / 4.10.0)

:wink: regards

Hi
I plan my larger missions so that they require 2 batteries for duration with double grid.
I then create a 2nd mission 90 degrees to the first, this changes the direction of the starting grid line.
When the drone returns, I change the mission to #2 and restart the flight. The drone then flies the second grid of the first mission.
When you download the files Pix4D does not know the difference and processes the double grid, none the wiser.

If I have a really large area, I just break it into smaller quadrants

What would be good is if Pix4D Capture would calculate its flight time based on minutes of flight that can actually be completed.
Mavic2 pro may have 30 min flight time, but Pix4D cuts the flight off at 19% battery remaining.
If I am only 1 min from position of drone, I do not need 19% battery.
It is just to conservative.
As an experiment, I have flown the drone to 0% just above the ground, the drone continued to fly for another 3 minutes after the meter showed 0% battery.

I would like the ability to adjust the % that the software activates the RTH feature down to 2% or 5% so that I can get more data per flight

Jeff

Morning community, I am looking for help. I have a M2P with the SC, and yes, I have put the Pix4D Capture app on the controller as well as the Ctrl+DJI app. And as I see above, I am not the only one, but Pix4D will not connect. I get a message saying “Ctrl+DJI Needs to be granted permission to operate correctly”. Can I get some help please. I have Mapping I want to do.

Same,

have any luck with this one or are PIX 4D still playing daft

I bought on purpose a M2P with the SC to be used with pix4Dcapture, and now it’s not working.
What a shame!

I’m trying to log in to pix4Dcapture on the smart controller but get a “cannot connect to server” message. The smart controller is on wifi network and any other online applications seem to work. Any advice?

Our company is having the same problem; Flying with a M600 Pro and Inspire, but also with the Mavic 2 Pro and the new Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. We’re using several DJI smartcontrollers and are looking for a good/suitable mission planner and mappersoftware. We hoped that Pix4 D was our solution, but…taking a look at the website (they don’t support the SC) and the hugh amount of problems with connecting. (And yes we’ve tried al the solutions (in/uninstall, reset, older versions a.s.o. a.s.o.) but nothing helps. The CTR/DJI-app said it’s connected and recognizes the drones and planning missions in Capture works, but that’s the end of it… pushing START and nothing happens… Our request to PIX4D, please help us with your support. Not only for our company (otherwise we have to look for another brand in missionplanning /mapper/fields) but also for all other people (potential costumers in our opinion) who complained about it for over 2 years (in this community)… Thanks! Regards Marcel

I am a crash reconstructionist in Public Safety. We have 2 M2 Enterprise Advanced with the only controller available, the smart controller. Please do something so we can map using capture. The onboard flight control doesn’t have a “hover and capture” like DJI GS Pro did, that we utilized mapping night scenes.

This is a huge issue for public safety, who is trending toward more aerial photogrammetry.

We have had some success using DroneLink

I’m getting mixed information. I am able to install the ctrl+dji apk and Pix4d app into smart controller. Advanced mode options will not show up in settings although advanced mode is turned on in the main app settings. I have not flown a test yet, but the drone will connect. The company I will fly for soon said it isn’t recommended I use this combination with Smart Controller. Have all the bugs been resolved by now? most of what I can find is from 2019 or 2020 at best. Any actual real time updates here ??

Hello. I have Pix4DCapture and Ctrl-DJI apps updated as of 9/5/21 installed on a DJI Smart Controller on the lastest firmware/update.

Connecting does take a little time and you have to work with it…but it does connect.
Pix4DCapture seems to work perfectly other than the fact I do not see the video feed.

To get connected to the mavic 2 pro using a DJI smart controller in CTRL-DJI, you must swipe down to view the notifications from CTRL-DJI and press it. Afterwards, you can open pix4dcapture and fly as normal. Remember to CLOSE the DJI GO 4 app or the drone will not take off in pix4dcapture.

Hi

Make sure the drone is turned on
If you open DJI Go first you have established a connection to the drone.
It is best to adjust the focus and light levels now in DJI Go, and then lock the settings in manual mode.
Pix4Dcapture has problems maintaining correct exposure and focus.

Exit out of DJI Go with the back button ( top left) of controller and then open Pix4Dcapture
Open a job and hit start, you will see that you are connected, mission will load, when all the check marks turn green hit take off.

Sit back, relax and let the drone do the work

Have fun
Jeff

Just curious, what drone are you using this on? We have a Mavic 2 enterprise advanced and still having issues getting it to work as designed. This aircraft is not an option on the CTRL app. Thanks

Did you ever get your M2EA working? I too am using Pix4D for TCR and running into snags. Any input/help here would be appreciated!

Hello,

is there any possibility to connect drone with Phantom 4 Pro+ 2.0 RC (GL300K) (with screen)? I know there is a way to do that on Phantom 4Pro+ by using micro usb cable to create a loop, but it is not working on 2.0. If someone was able to connect, please help.

If i change RC on GL300L (from Phantom 4 Pro 2.0), would i be able to connect it to my Phantom 4Pro+ 2.0 Drone and run Ctrl+DJI and Pix4D Mapper?