New DJI generation supported - Mavic 3 and M3O/M30T

Hello.
Are, or will and when DJI new UAV/camera be supported on react

• New MAVIC 3
  • New M30
    Will Thermal (M30T) images be supported. Is there any road map for ?

Thx

Hi,

I can only confirm about Mavic 3 situation, it will be fully supported on our next release. You can follow our page https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037743531-Release-notes-PIX4Dreact, and will be notified when there is a new release.

M30 has just been released, we can’t guarantee until we start looking at datasets.

Best.

1 Like

Hi José! ALL right?!?!?
U have a approximate date for that release?!?!?i

Hi,

I can’t give any date unfortunately, you can always process importing the XML I attached.
If you have a datset for the M30T you can share it and we can work on it to add to the database.

1. On the dashboard, click on the PIX4Dreact SETTINGS and select Camera parameters file .import_xmlfiles_Pix4Dreact.jpg
  2. Click Select file and select the .xml file in the file dialog.
  3. Exit the settings and open or create a project to process the dataset. The camera parameters file is used automatically.
    Mavic3_L2D-20c_12.3_5280x3956.xml (1023 Bytes)

Its ok Man. Thx for now…
In Mavic 3 is necessary that pre config for export and process?!?!
If u can help me with that i Will plain a track and do a manual mapping.

Hi,

If you do a manual mapping, make sure you have sufficient overlap to be able to process in PIX4Dreact-

Best,

Question for you Jose. I did a site survey using my Mavic 3 and have a bunch of photos with GPS information. When I try to import them into Pix4DMapper it usually results in an error since I don’t have a Mavic 3 camera profile defined. I see you provided one here, however I noticed the resolution on this particular XML is 5280x3956. I shot my photos at 3840 x 2160. Will this XML profile still work for photos at that resolution? Or is it possible to have another XML generated for the Mavic 3 with the different pixel dimensions taken into account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I realize this isn’t specifically a React question more of a mapper one, but hopefully you can still answer my problem.

Hi,

In mapper there is no need to add an XML, you can just process with the parameters you see under the Image editor.

Best,

sorry Jose, I’m not sure what you mean by under the image editor. Is this in the program itself?

You need to enter the values for your camera in the Image editor y they are not automatically detected. Please read https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202557949-Menu-Project-Image-Properties-Editor-Images-Table

Hey Jose, sorry I didn’t reply sooner. Where do I get the various values for the Mavic 3 to enter under the image editor? In your XML file you posted above I see a bunch of values. Aside from the Resolution, are the rest of the values exactly the same?

Here you can find them

We just acquired the DJI M30T. I have a dataset to share with PIX4D if it will be helpful. It has wide-angle, zoom, and thermal images. It captures all 3 at the same time. Let me know. I don’t want to post a link to files in a public forum.

Thanks,

Ja

Hi, I contacted you in private.

Thanks

Jose, when I try to put these values in I’m coming across some errors. I can’t seem to match the sensor width and height that you see here, is this because my photos are using a lower resolution? If I put in the pixel size it gives me a different width and height. Also it doesn’t like that specific principal point y value, telling me it’s not correct. Not sure again if it has something to do with my lower resolution.

Not sure what I need to do to be able to get past these little blocks.

Hi,

Yes sorry, your images have a different resolution. You need to fill it with yours.
Could you share your dataset?
Best-

Hi,
does pix4d supports mavic 3 drones for capture???

We have a M30T. I have a small dataset that I could send you. I could also create new ones if you let me know what you need.

Hi all,

We have successfully added to our database both the MAVIC 3 and the M30 RGB Wide camera.
This means that you will be able to process both drone images in our software. Regarding PIX4Dreact and M30 RGB Wide will be available in the next release.

Thanks we have found several datasets already.