Mission won't upload to Parrot Anafi Thermal

Hello,

I have downloaded the P4D Capture updated software and still, over the course of 3 weeks of attempts with 2 different Parrot Anafis, an Android cell phone and an iPad, have been unable to get away from the “Mission not Uploaded to Drone” error.

In some cases I’ve gotten it to work, but the vast majority of the time, with every combination of the devices mentioned above, it has been unsuccessful. I’ve lost out on a lot of productive time due to this error, please let me know if anything can be done about this.

Of the troubleshootings steps I’ve attempted:

• restarting every device
  • uninstalling / resinstalling Pix4D AND Parrot Free Flight on both devices
  • closing Pix4D, opening Free Flight, launching in Free Flight, closing Free Flight, resuming in Pix4D
  • launching without involving FF
  • changing Preset settings in FF to Slow
  • wifi on / off
  • manual launch of drone and then starting mission once launched
  • MANY calibrations of both drones
  • deleting all missions and starting mission over
  • starting new mission block within existing mission
  • eliminating KML from mission
  • varying altitude settings
  • creating mission block extremely close to Ground Control location
  • probably more steps that I’m forgetting

Please let me know how I can go about uploading a mission to the Parrot Anafi

Hello @ftalton,

The behavior you are describing can’t be replicated on our side and has not been reported to us so far. If you are using the recent update of Pix4Dcapture 4.10.0 and drone wireframe to 1.7.3 or higher, you should not have any issue.

Also, you need to have a good satellite connection before you upload the mission. The poor satellite numbers will result in failure to upload the mission.

If you follow the above two checklists and the troubleshooting article, you should be able to upload the mission. If this doesn’t solve your issue, can you forward the logfile?

Hello Kapil,

• FW 1.7.6
  • P4D 4.10.0

I’ve had no issues with GPS connectivity, always green in both P4D and in Free Flight.

Sometimes it will give all Green Light on the preflight checklist, but when I take off, it gets 20ft away and the preflight checklist reappears with the Red X next to Mission Uploaded to Drone. Whatever the specifics, it has failed to begin a mission in every case.

Attached are 10 different logs from both drones (Anafi and Anafi Thermal).

https://we.tl/t-r3OyIORPQ3

Hello,
Can you follow the steps explained in the below support article to extract the log file?

(Android) How to extract the log files

For iOS device, Connect your device to the iTunes >> Your device(1)> File Sharing(2) >> Pix4Dcapture(3)>>LogFile(4)>>Save(5).

Here you go

https://we.tl/t-JEHHup1kUW

Hello @ftalton,

After looking at the log file, there is not any clear indication that shows the cause of the issue that you are having. The issue is while transferring the mission from the mobile device to the drone. If possible can you try to install the Pix4Dcaptuer on a different device? It can be an android or an iOS device.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the initial post, I have the same issue on both an iPad and an Android.

Today my flights were successful, so the issue continues to be sporadic.

Hi, I’m really confused, is the problem fixed or not ??
Since I am still having the same issue it won’t upload the mission from an iPhone and it gives me the message Mission generation failed from an android …
it only worked once (it was first time trying the app and mapping) never worked after, It only gave a green light once and it was after I formatted the sd card (I didn’t fly then) after a slight change in the mission it never gave a green light after …

on android it gives all green light until I try to start the mission where it gives me Mission generation failed.

I’m using all the latest version of the app Pix4Dcaptuer and latest firmware’s on both the controller and the drone

Drone’s firmware : 1.7.7
Controller’s firmware : 1.7.0

both on android and IOS checked to have the latest versions of the apps.

So I looked into the logs the only things that I found that are interesting – :
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] -[P4DFlightController prepareMission:withProgress:withFinish:]:103 ERROR: mission does not have the path set
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] +[P4DFlightController createDroneMissionForCapture:withDrone:]:181 droneMission.speed: 2.67 percent:1.00
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] Mavlink count = 43
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] flightplanPilotingItf state = unavailable
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] flightplanPilotingItf latestMissionItemExecuted = nil
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] flightplanPilotingItf isPaused = false
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] flightplanPilotingItf latestActivationError = none
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] flightplanPilotingItf unavailabilityReasons = [missingFlightPlanFile]
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] MissionController: Changing state from none to uploading
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] Uploading flightplan
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] flightplanPilotingItf unavailabilityReasons = [missingFlightPlanFile]
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] flightplanPilotingItf unavailabilityReasons =
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] startDroneTelemetry droneFirmware.version: Optional(“1.7.7”)
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] startDroneTelemetry droneFirmware.version: false
2021-06-14 23:10:32 [D] startDroneTelemetry droneFirmware.version: Optional(“1.7.7”)

And it seems like it keeps checking for the drones firmware, is this normal ?

We are having the same issue with our standard (non-thermal) Anafis. I have found that if we manually take-off first, then start the mission, it suddenly works. Very curious issue.

1 Like

Tried starting the mission while the anafi is the in the air, that still didn’t work…
Trying multiple other things will update on any success.
Can someone from pix4d please update :pray: @Kapil_Khanal

Edit about 3hours after :
Tried it again with new device (iPad Pro 10.5) It worked on the first attempt on the second and all the other attempts it failed and was not able to upload the mission again, Not sure why…
Tried one more time to start the mission while in the air (on a different device) and it worked again !!!

I don’t think it’s the GPS because it had the same numbers while on ground…

I will do more tests to try to start while in flight and will update…

Hello All, We have released the newer version of Pix4Dcapture for android and iOS today. The update is related to the Anafi firmware. So, I would recommend you first update the Pix4Dcapture app and the drone firmware 1.8.0 and see if you are still having the same issue. The newest version of Pix4Dcapture is only compatible with Anafi firmware 1.8.0 or higher.

The other thing that I would suggest is taking off the drone and then try uploading the mission to see if that is helpful.

I am not seeing any update or release notes for Anafi 1.8.0, the latest version still appears to be 1.7.7

Ran into this problem this morning after I got on location to run a survey. Brought my drones back home and have been trying to update my anafi thermal. My hangup is in the FreeFlight6 app where I’ve been trying to download 1.8.0 for over 4 hours now, but haven’t gotten past the “sending to controller…” screen. No progress is made and it just spins. I’ve cancelled, shut down, uninstalled, reinstalled… I can see the update, but just can’t download it.

Having the same problem where it won’t upload the mission to the regular anafi.
I updated to the latest app release nothing seems to be changed.
Also it doesn’t seem like that there is an update release for regular anafi (latest version is 1.7.7)

Tried starting the mission while in the air but it didn’t work.

Does anyone have a temporary solution ?

I can’t update to 1.8.0 on the anafi because I have a regular anafi and the latest release 1.7.7 (Which I have Installed), After updating the app I still have the same problem nothing changed, for some reason starting the mission while in flight stopped solving the issue.

I am having the same issue with the standard Anafi. 06/19/2021. Just started this. It worked fine a few weeks ago.

Hello!
I have been loving the accuracy so far with pix4d capture and cloud and am about to purchase either lifetime or sub to advanced cloud I only need to proof a couple more flights to demonstrate accuracy to some clients. Your product is incredible, truly awesome can’t wait to be a full fledged supporter.

With the last Anafi and Pix4d capture update I have run a single grid and double grid missions but both missions seem to come to strange halts and the end of each grid line. I was thinking it was a new strategy to lock in more keypoints at the ends of runs to really solid them up but it seems the data recording also stops at the same point. This was the strangest thing to see because it appeared the drone was still taking photos as the memory card was tickling downward as it normally does.

I let the drone sit in place for about 25-30seconds and then it proceeded to continue the missions with similar halts at each pivot point. Upon landing the drone then synced 4/4 and 6/6 photos it seemed to have ceased all photography following the first halt. I was hoping it had at least shot the photos so I could take them manually from the SD card and force feed them into Pix4d cloud or mapper myself.

I’m hopeful this is a quick software patch for you all as I’m literally about to ink contracts with several clients and establish commercial accounts with your service immediately following those signings. Your engine works much better than any others I have tested so I really want to stick with it. I don’t think the other solutions I’ve tried yet have the accuracy needed for the clients I’m proposing to.

Thank you! -Matthew Flynn

any updates ?

Hello @dagoc88784 , I would suggest you to follow the steps explained in the below post.