Mission won't upload to Parrot Anafi Thermal

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been playing around with Pix4Dcapture in the yard at the office with no issues. Then yesterday I went to fly a mission further away from the office and the mission would not upload to the drone, no matter what I tried. I’m using an iPhone 7 with the Parrot Anafi Thermal drone. I’ve tried waiting a little while, I’ve tried restarting the mission, and even reinstalled both the Pix4Dcapture app and Free Flight 6. Still I get the same issue saying that the mission is not uploaded to the drone. I’ve also tried flying another mission here in the yard at the office again like I was before but even that can’t upload to the drone.

I have the same problem and I’m using Parrot Anafi with Iphone 7.
I used Pix4d last week with no problem, yesterday I create few offline maps because I had to fly in an area without phone line coverage and I thought was that the problem.
I delete and download the app and tried with a new project in a different area but still have the upload issue.

Having the same issue with multiple Anafi’s and an Anafi Thermal, started after recent update that added support for Anafi USA on IOS. Android app appears to be working for now.

Hi all,

This is a known issue for us. The issue occurs after the recent update of the Pix4Dcapture app. The issue is due to the conflict between the old firmware of the Parrot drone and the recently released Pix4Dcapture app. Parrot is releasing the new firmware for the drone as soon as possible and it will work after the update.

Regards,

1 Like

We have been through all checklists and troubleshooting points but cannot get a mission to upload to the drone rendering our day useless. Updated to V4.11.0 30th September, worked fine before update…
Help!

Do you have an estimate on when Parrot can push the update?

3 Likes

Hi,
Been having this issue since Monday, just uploaded the new P4D app update and still have the same error on Anafi and Anafi Thermal. This has cost me a fortune as I’ve several lost days work for 2 of us.
Cannot believe this Parrott owned company is allowed to treat Parrott Anafi users this poorly. :rage:

Hi Kapil,
I’m facing the same problem. I’m using the anafi thermal and I’m getting an error that my geofence, home point and mission are all showing an error sign. Attached is a screenshot from my pix4d capture. Please advice.

Hi,
Been having this issue since Monday, just uploaded the new P4D app update and still have the same error on Anafi and Anafi Thermal. This has cost me a fortune as I’ve several lost days work for 2 of us.
Cannot believe this Parrott owned company is allowed to treat Parrott Anafi users this poorly.

Hi @Captain & @alawadhias,

The recent (iOS) Pix4Dcapture 4.12.1 is not compatible with Anafi firmware 1.6.8 or below. That is the reason you are still having the issue. The Parrot is going to release the newer firmware soon and then after the update of the firmware the issue will be resolved.

For now, the only option I would recommend is using the android version of Pix4Dcapture. The android version of Pix4Dcapture is working with Anafi drones.

Regards,

Is there a timeframe for the update from Parrot?

Dear Kapil,
Thank you so much for making that clear. You are a life saver.
Best regards,
Abdullah

AFTER NEW UPDATE PARROT ANAFI NOT WORK CAMERA ERROR. AND NOT UPLOAD THE MISSION IN DRONE.

Hi, I have the same problem, have you a resolution" help me

I’m another with the same issue using latest firmware. Camera not ready and mission not uploaded.

Unfortunately, the latest version of Pix4Dcature on iOS is not compatible with Anafi firmware 1.6.8.
We advise to use Pix4Dcapture on Android, or wait until a firmware update is available.

Thanks for letting us know. Is this an issue that needs to be addressed by Parrot?

Hello!
As far as I know, Parrot is aware and is working to release a new firmware.

I’m using the pix4dcapture for mission planning on the Anafi thermal drone. t’s not loading the mission, the other checkpoints are green and only the mission uploaded to drone is displaying with a circle around an I.

Troubleshooting;
ANAFI- on off, reset drone, recalibrate drone, waiting for >15 minutes for mission to load.

Controller on off, recalibrated, reset.

IOS reset mission, uninstall reinstall, new cable.

Versions

Pix4dcapture 5.12.1(1)
ANAFI Thermal 1.6.8
FreeFlight6 6.6.9

Edit: I know that the drone needs calibration in the photo included. I have gone through these steps several times with and without completing calibration without any success. I am able to fly a DJI MAVIC Pro using pix4dcapture without incident.

Thanks for any constructive advice!

I HAVE THE same problem with parrot anafi.
And the camera error…

1 Like