Hey guys, I know there has been a lot of issues regarding the Mavic/Mavic 2 with processing but I just wanted to share our workflow that is currently working for us. Also I would love to hear what anyone else is doing to see if we can help tighten/speed up our processing:
- Import images
- Import GCP
- Go to the Process menu at the top of the app and then go down to Processing Options
- Make sure Advanced is turned on in the lower left and navigate to the 1. Initial Processing on the left
- Under the Calibration tab go down to Calibration and change the Internal Parameters Optimization from “All” to “Leading” then press OK to save.
- Run step 1 only, Initial Processing
- After processing you might get what we like to call the “little big planet” effect where the point cloud has a curve to it like a tiny globe. To reduce/eliminate this curve create MTP all over the project, we like to pick a few on all edges of our work space to help flatten things out nicely.
- After creating the MTP run Re-optimize to see how well the curve has been reduced and now tie your GCP to your markers on your cloud.
I hope this helps someone out. We have been running into countless issues with the Mavic’s in the processing stages over the last few months and it looks like this process has finally started to make our lives easier.