Camera Optimization - Mavic2 Enterprise Advanced

Hello Everyone,

Please can anyone help me ? I am facing camera optimization issue, always beyond 20%, I flied with the MEA altitude from surface between 50 to 100m 3m/s or 5m/s.
I don’t understand. I am French speaker :grinning:

Thank you in advance & Regards
Moise

Hello Moise, I would suggest you to use the All Prior option during the Camera optimization as shown in the screenshot below to resolve the issue.

• All Prior: Forces the optimal internal parameters to be close to the initial values.

1 Like

Hi Kapil, thank you. I will apply as said, keep well :handshake:

Hello @Kapil_Khanal, all become green now. Perfect, but the data are higher than the surface. In the area of the data, the RL are accurate and on the other side not. I can see between 0.5 to 3m so far

Hello @moise.mayali, I would suggest you to use the alternative calibration process because it used the GPS information on the images and might help to improve the difference. If that doesn’t help, I would suggest using the GCPs.

Kello Kapil, I am using GCPs every single mission flight. When snap on every pictures to identify the GCPs, I saw S/px within 0.3 to something 3m. I am starting with drone surveying and Pix4d, sorry for bothering you.

Hello @moise.mayali, If your projection error for the GCPs is higher then I would suggest marking more images and reoptimizing. When you mark the images, mark the images in which the GCPs are clearly visible. Can you also send us the quality report so that I can understand more about what is going on?

Hello @Kapil_Khanal, I was on vacation. Let me do another flight mission, but I will appreciate to know before the flight which details are you looking in order to help me with my issue ??? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Hello @moise.mayali, If you are planning to redo the flight, I would suggest having 80% front image overlap and 75% side overlap. The flight height of 30m or higher. Then when you mark the GCPs, make sure you are marking 8-12 images. If it doesn’t work after that, send me the quality report of the project.

Hello @Kapil_Khanal, please look at the files. I think that I am on the right path, please advise.
[M2EA - Google Drive]
Thank you in advance ! Cheers

Hello @moise.mayali, Your report 02 looks good. The only issue I see is a high camera optimization error.

To correct the Camera optimization error, you can use the All Prior setting that I suggested in the first reply.

I will launch the processing again with your recommendations, and see analyze the outputs.
I will keep you posted…!

Hi @Kapil_Khanal. It’s taking too long the generate the data. 1:30 initial processing and 4:30 point cloud. How can I improve the processing time ?

Hello @moise.mayali, The processing time depends upon the size of the project and the processing option that you are selecting. Usually, you should be able to decrease the processing time by decreasing the scale of the image for both step 1 and step 2 of processing. For point cloud generation, you can select the 1/4 images scale and different settings for Point Density to speed up the processing time.