Mapping with pix4d

Hi, I’m quite new to drone mapping and the use of pix4d so I have a few question.
At the moment I download the raster from pix4d and then I use other softwares to create the prescription map. Is there any way to reduce the resolution of the map directly from pix4d? The issue with the other software we use is that they have some difficulties in handling the highly detailed rasters.
On the other hand, if I want to use pix4d to do a zone map, is there any way to have zones with more details? Or is there any way to have the map as a grid in which I can decide the dimension of the squares?
I have one last question, Is there an app with which is possible to see the maps of pix4d with my phone or ipad? This would be usefull as a scouting tool.
Thanks a lot for your time.
Filippo

Hi Filippo,

There will be a new mode in the next release, which lets you create prescription maps with a freely adjustable grid, which should have you covered. We plan to release the update this month.

You can use the PIX4D Sahre-to-Cloud to create a web project which you can open on your phone. You have to go via Export → Share to do that. Here is how such a project will look like: PIX4Dcloud

Hi Julius,
Thanks for your answer,
I will try with PIX4Dcloud.
Best
Filippo

Hi again,
I tryied with pix4dcloud as you suggested but I found an issue. When I look to an index in pix4d I have the possibility to equalize the image to better visualize the differences, as shown in the image below.

But if I upload this image in the cloud I’m not able anymore to see the equalization, so I won’t be able to see any difference. How can I solve this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

In this image you can see what happens after the uploading in pix4dcloud.
Thaks again for your time

1 Like

Hi Fillipo,

We know that’s not optimal behavior. Unfortunately, we had no time yet to work on it.
But there is an option that could help you a bit. Create a Field:

Draw a field boundary into your index layer:

Use the right sidebar to tune the styling of the index within your field boundary.

I hope that helps somewhat :slight_smile:

Hi Julius,
Thank you very much!
I will try to use this method