[iOS, Android] New Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 not working

I tried to use the free trial to test the app for the V2. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to even test it and now the trial has expired. Testing the market to see if there is interest in one of the leading models on the consumer market seems mute. We understand that DJI dropped the ball on this up to this point.

Hello Team Pix4D,

We also expect support of DJI P4Pro V2.0. We bought our drone at last week, and can’t use it in our projects. We hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Best regards

Hi Pix4d Team,

We also have the same problem. Today we bought DJI PH4 Pro V2 and it was not a nice surprise when I realized that you don’t support this model and there is no way to turn it back to the DJI dealer after unpacking and drone registration. It will be surprising for every customer buying it because it is still DJI PH4 supported by Pix4d, just another version.
I’m waiting impatiently for the release of new app version because at now this UAV is nearly useless. The expansion of this second version is inevitable, so think about the official statement in case of app development.
Looking for hearing,

Best regards,
Leszek

Hello Pix4d Team,

we have several customers who bought a P4P V2 and Pix4Dcapture want to use for the flight planning.
We ask for your support for this model in Pix4Dcapture as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Best regards

2 Likes

Hi Pix4D Team

DJI has stopped shpping the Phantom 4 Pro V1. As such many folks like us have purchased the V2 of P4 Pro hoping to use with Pix4D.

Since DJI has released the SDK that supports the P4P v2, we hope that you can quickly add support for it as we have purchased these drones for work that is urgent. 

I hope you can put this on high priority.

thank you very much!

2 Likes

Hi Pix4D Team

Is any news about start support of P4P v2.0? Is it planned to take a decision on the development of support? Or maybe you can announce the preliminary release dates for the Pix4d Capture application update with support for the drone?

We are looking forward to any news on this matter.

Best regards

We need support for the P4P 2.0 ASAP!

I’m waiting too…

Hi Gaël (Pix4D),

So at what point will Pix4D acknowledge the demand for support of the DJi Phantom 4 Pro V2?

Clearly there are many users unable to use their new sUAS as planned with Pix4D Capture.

DJI is no longer shipping the P4 Pro, the last supported model, any more.

If Pix4D wants to retain its user base you need to make Capture work with the currently available DJI products.

Please let us know when we can expect support for the P4PV2.

2 Likes

I’m waiting too…

I 've got a Phantom 4 PRO V2.0.  Actually, We are having an issue with it. It almost impossible to install Pix4d capture on it. I’ve got  Pix4Dcapture_v4.2.2_apkpure.com.apk (13.1 MB)   and was finally able to run it on the remote controller but my drone can’t connect my apps. Is there any solution to solve the problem. I mean with tablet we were able to run photogrammetry (surveying) apps on drone through smartphone. But with this drone, it 's a little different. If you have a tuturial or any thing that can help. I need it. 

Best regards.

Hi Lézou,

If my understanding is correct, you are talking about the P4P+ V2 which have an integrated screen with the remote controller.
Pix4Dcapture does not officially support Phantom 4 Pro + V1 but some users succeed to make it work quite nicely using our app and shared it on this community thread.

About the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0, the status is currently the same than the P4P V2.0, meaning that it is not compatible.

However, keep in mind that on any Android version of Pix4Dcapture, you also need to install the ctrl+DJI plugin to be able to connect to the drone.

Best,

Hello Gaël (Pix4D),

1. Can you confirm whether Pix4D has already started working on development to support the DJI Phantom 4 pro V2.0 drone?

2. By when will Pix4D support this drone?

IMPORTANT: Can you please inform your developers that the user community’s work is getting delayed which largely affects business. So, we need timelines and regular updates please about a resolution for this issue.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks.

Another P4P V2.0 user here. Been using a P4P with Pix4Dcapture for over a year now with great success. Our survey department has grown and since we can’t get the original P4P, we got the V2.0

Please give us users here on this forum some kind of status on progress on getting the V2 operational with Pix4Dcapture. I would be happy to beta test to help speed this progress as well!

Thank you Pix4D for a great product!

Scott K.

I suppose I need to be added to the list.  I’m really upset that I’m unable to use the aircraft.  Purchased specifically to suppliment site topographic data for an upcoming project.  I did weeks of research before purchasing the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0.  My mistake in assuming that the leading developer of UAS mapping software would support it.  I’m about $8k into this now with a 107 certificate in my pocket, clients wanting production and a bird I can’t automate.

Please, Please, Please give us some indication of whether or not you guys are even working on this problem.  Do I need to go and buy an older aircraft just to get this job complete?

We are a new company, and we test the companies that could give us software solutions for mapping.

Unfortunately, we thought we could do well by buying several Phantom 4 proV0.2.

We are in a frustrating situation, which forces us to wait for the first company that will support this drone!

We hope it will be you, but we will still take the one that will be ready first.

Hi all

The P4P V2.0 is now officially supported by Pix4Dcapture on both Android and iOS platform.

• From 23/08/2018, on Android, version V4.3.1 has been released together with Phantom 4 Pro V2 support.
  • From 27/08/2018, on iOS, version V4.3.0 has been released together with Phantom 4 Pro V2 support.

Best,

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply.  I appreciate the work you guys have don and are doing to get it resolved.

RWR

1 Like

Thank you for the update Gaël,

It is good to know that Pix4D is working on adding support for the P4PV2 now that the SDK is out. Your previous response on July 3rd implied that you would only do so if there was sufficient interest expressed here by users, which hopefully has been well established by now.

Please keep us posted on progress. The number of people who are grounded until Pix4DCapture can support the P4PV2 is growing every day.

I would be happy to beta test any new version if needed.

Cheers,

-pat

I got a P4Pv2 yesterday and drove hours to the place my customer requires us to fly the drone. It was so disappointed that Pix4D didn’t support it yet. I was considering to return it and get a P4 advanced, but it will cost us $225 restock fee at BestBuy and another day of work.

Please let your developers see the messages and have the new version ready ASAP.

Thanks!